Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 114 (February 2013)


Sooooo, I was already excited for this month's issue of C&P before it even came through the post, which it did on Saturday, just in time to distract me from an invitation order I should have been doing.  I was very excited for the free all occasion stamps which came free this time.  I haven't had chance to use them yet (due to said invitation order taking over) but I have many plans for them, starting with the range of wedding cards and invitations I hope to introduce this year.  In fact, I am working on many wedding things this year . . . news coming soon.
Anyway, once again I am going off on a tangent aren't I?  as usual.  There are also some downloadable papers, and as always, the first project feature in the magazine is ideas and inspiration for your free gift - I think I might steal the idea for the new baby card.
I really like some of the ideas in 10 Ideas With Paper Strips by Bev Rochester, including a pretty bookmark, gift bag and a gift box, along with a few card ideas.  The 'Bookshelf' card would be perfect for me, but I can't send myself a card so will have to find someone else to send it to.
I also really like the 3 Ideas For Music Lovers, which includes piano, guitar and record player cards, as well as the monochrome Valentines cards in Quick Makes.  Andrea Willis also has some lovely bright paper-pieced cards in Quick Makes, and Clare Boswell has some floral and lace Mother's Day and Valentines cards.
I'm tempted to have a go at Dawn Phillips' Know How: Shaped Cards - Make & Bake!  This feature includes cards shaped as teapots, cups and aprons, amongst others.  There is a step-by-step guide for the apron card, and I don’t think that the others look too difficult.  Templates are included to make it that little bit easier.
One of my favourite features this month has to be Love and Marriage, which features 6 wedding stationary ideas, all of which I love, and all of which are easily adaptable to any colour scheme.  There are even tips on lining envelopes to make them that little bit more luxurious, without costing a small fortune.  There are stamped, foiled and papercut invitations, RSVPs and save the dates.  I can't wait to get started on some of these - and who knew that foiling was that simple!  You will, of course, have to buy the magazine to find out how simple, unless I can find an online tutorial to post up on this here blog.
Other projects and features this issue include:
  • Knowhow Stamping - To Mum, With Love - muted florals mother's day cards coloured with distress markers
  • Simply Charming - a pretty handmade gift bag
  • True Friend - a vintage-style swan greetings card (subscribers only)
  • Valentines ideas for your bonus papers
  • Masterclass Advanced:  Spectrum Noir Pens - Colour Me Cute - how to get the furry look using alcohol markers
  • 6 Ways With Washi Tape
  • Leoni Pujol has some embossed cards for you
  • A Cut Above - a papercut gatefold card, perfect for Mother's day
  • 3 Ideas With Butterflies
  • Upcycle with Road Maps
  • 10 Minute Makes has some retro springtime designs
  • Joanna Sheen has a decoupaged new home easel card.
  • Giveaways this issue include:
  • £1,000 Craftime goody bag
  • Lucy Cromwell goody bag (subscribers only)
  • Stampin' Up Easter goody bag
  • October Afternoon Farm Girl goody bag
  • tickets to the Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts show in Glasgow and Manchester
  • Digistamps from Papercraft Junkies
  • Woodware goody bags

This issue hits the shops today, so I advise you go out and buy it now. 
Again, I am already excited for next month's issue, which is out on 21st February and comes with a gorgeous floral paper stack and ready-stamped sentiments.
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly! What a great review! I just wanted to pop by and say that I really enjoy reading your reviews. As a designer for Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine, I always really love to hear that crafters enjoy the magazine and the features included. I'm really pleased you liked new baby card I designed with the free stamps and papers - and please feel free to steal away, hehehe!! Hope you have a great day! Hugs, Sem (aka Simonne Clay) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget