Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: A Day For Daisies



Soooo, today I bring you my first card designed as a member of the Sweet Sketch Wednesday design team.

Sweet Sketch Wednesday

I announced the very exciting news that I had been asked to be a design team member on Saturday, and ever since then I have been so nervous that my first card (or any card come to it) might not make the grade.  I am also hoping that I have set this blog post up correctly and that it posts at the right time etc. etc.

Sweet Sketch Wednesday is a challenge blog and I have entered it numerous times in the last few months, as I have found it invaluable for layout ideas (which is something I have struggled with on many occasions).  The ladies at SSW provide a sketch (which is a suggested layout) each Wednesday (as the name suggests) and all you have to do is follow it, take a photo of your card, blog about it and add it to the SSW website.

The sketches are always amazing, as are the sponsors, prizes and cards from the design team.

Anyway, without further ado, here is my first card:



This was made following the sketch for this week:



The image is Jewellery Box Ballerina from this week's sponsor A Day For Daisies, who provide themed categories of over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!  This week, as sponsor, they are offering $12 gift certificate for the grand prize winner.

I coloured the image using distress inks - victorian velvet, dusty concord and brushed corduroy.  I also used an ivory promarker to colour the skin.  I then die-cut the image to an oval using my newish Sizzix Framelites decorative oval dies.  I also die-cut the image border using the same.  The papers are from a Dovecraft Back to Basics paper pad, and the lace and sentiment are from my stash.

I really like this card and am lamenting the fact that it is not one of the niece's birthdays any time soon, as this would have been perfect for either of them.  Never mind eh?  I'm sure I'll have had other ideas by then.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



6 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Holly. I love the pink and white together. Welcome aboard. We are so happy to have you apart of our team.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Holly! It's so good to have you and your talent part of our team. This is a lovely card. The white paper looks like lace and perfectly delicate for the image and the beautiful way you colored her. Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team Holly!! Your card is simply beautiful!!! Love your image and lovely papers. And the lace ties it all together perfectly! Now you have nothing to worry about fitting in, you did just fine!! Can't wait to see more of your creations.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to have you on SSW DT! Love you lovely card, and the lace that you used is very pretty. Have a super week. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Holly!! So glad you are a part of the Team - you certainly made the "grade" with your first post =)
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Holly! Your card is beautiful and perfectly delicate as it should be for a little ballerina! We are looking forward to seeing more of your cards! Welcome aboard!
    Hugs,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget