Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Digistamp Boutique

Sooooo, hopefully I have set this up to post at the right time this week - working out time zones has never been my strong point, but fingers crossed.

Here is my second offering for Sweet Sketch Wednesday:



I am still super excited about being a Design Team member and have spent may hours checking out everyone's entries whilst cowering on my sofa/in my craft room from the giant spiders that seem to have invaded my house recently.



Anyway, shall we stop going off on an tangent and get on to this week's challenge.  This week's challenge is sponsored by Digistamp Boutique, who are already one of my favourite digistamp providers and I took this opportunity to make a start on my Valentines cards, as I just love this image.

I think that this week's sketch is a great one, and it is this:



I am a huge fan of sketches as layout is something I can struggle with at times and the girls at SSW really do come up with some great sketches each week.  I thought that the sketch was very simple to use - straight edges are always easier in my opinion. 

The image I have used is Coco with Little Hearts.  I coloured it in with promarkers and added a wash background using broken china distress inks.



I used a red blank and papers from my stash.  I backed the image with red card and attached it to the card with sticky fixers to give the card an extra dimension.  I then added a red ribbon from my stash, as per the sketch.  I finished the card with two heart embellishments from my stash.

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

The Pink Elephant - Pink Red & White
Fashionista Challenge - Red
ABC Challenges - Inspiration
Glitter & Sparkle - Use a Digi

I could give this card to Phil for Valentines day, but I'm not too sure whether he reads this blog, and he will no doubt raid my card collection for a Valentines card and give me this card, even though I have told him he has free reign with my stash to make me a card himself, like he did last year.  I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

15 comments:

  1. Holly this is so cute! I love your stacked hearts and the image is so sweet - I just love this DSB teddy bear. Have a terrific week!
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie of a card Holly!!! Love your image, papers, and those wonderful hearts along the side!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your dotted papers and cute little heart paper. So cute. This is and adorable card Holly. I love the stack of hearts on the side too.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, love the shading around the image and your double hearts. Have a fun week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly your card turned out adorable, very cute image. At least if you get it for Valentines Day, it's cute. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love the hearts as an embellishment. I HATE spiders. We spray our house twice a year to keep them away. Keep a big shoe by you to whack them if they come too close while you are surfing and commenting :o) Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute love the image thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

    p.s new follower too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, love your papers and sweet image. Thanks for joining us over on Fashionista. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so cute... love the sweet image and great papers!

    Thank you for participating in the photo inspiration challenge at ABC Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card Holly!! Love the polka dots and hearts and the bear is SO SWEET!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute card!! Love the polka dots and hearts and the image is SO SWEET!! So glad to have on the Team!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sweet nice colouring, thank you for joining us at Glitter n sparkle challenge blog good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card! I love the way you used the colors & your layout is FAB! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week @ ABC Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card, love the image you used. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges this week. Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the hearts and cute image! Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget