Saturday, 5 January 2013

Thank You Cherries



Soooo, today I plan to be very busy (all will be revealed later in this post), but first I thought I would share this card with you.

As you have probably noticed, I have been very busy making thank you cards this last week (only 20 more to go - would it be terrible if I cheated and bought some?).  This is the latest one I would like to share with you:



This card is an amalgamation of an idea in the latest issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft (review coming later in the week) and the sketch from this week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday (SSW):

Now, normally, as you probably now, I would be entering this card into the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge, but this week I can't.  Why?  You may be asking . . . Well, as you might notice if you look along the side bar of my blog today, there has been a small change/update - I am now a design team member for SSW.

My year has started off well so far (touch wood).  It had only just started when on Tuesday (not look forward to having to go back to work after nearly two weeks off), I got an email from the lovely Nancy at SSW, asking if I would like to become DT member.  I didn't even have to apply.  This was a lovely surprise indeed and needless to say, I jumped at the chance.  My first card will feature on Wednesday (9th January) so please come back to have a look at my creation (which is typical me fashion is already done and sent off to SSW).  Today I am planning on getting ahead and creating some more cards for future postings.

So this card is now going to have two uses - in this electronic format it is my thank you card to all the ladies at SSW for choosing me and giving me this great opportunity.  In it's physical format, it is going to the lovely Julie at From This Day Forward in Greengates, Bradford, who is the lovely lady I bought my gorgeous wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from (I will post up some pictures when I received them from my photographer - hopefully at the end of this month).  I love my dress and I wish I could wear it again - even if it was a little heavy, but I managed to only trip over it once the whole day, and I don't think anyone saw so it was OK.

Anyway, as usual I am waffling on about anything other than the card I should be posting.  Many apologies.

As I think I have already said, this card was made following the sketch on SSW, and the general idea was from Cardmaking & Papercraft (it is a good issue this time).

I used a red card blank and the papers are both from old Let's Make Cards kits (probably not the same one), which I cut into strips.  I die-cut a  spellbinders nestabilities scalloped circle from red card from my stash and hand cut the white circle (I really need to invest in some circle dies - when I get paid, unless someone wants to send me some for free?).  

The sentiment is from my Papermania Honey & Hugs stamp set, which I had actually forgotten I had.  It is now at the top of my pile of stamps, so will probably be getting some use - especially the 'thank you' stamp.  Anyway, tangent again - sorry, I stamped this using Versafine Onyx Black ink. 

The cherries were formed using some red buttons from my stash and green ribbon, also from my stash - I think I actually stole this from my big sis at some point in time from her cake-making stash.  The stalks were simply drawn in using a black fineliner.

I don't think that there are any challenges I can enter this card into this week (that I know of anyway), as most things are for 'something new' and I have mostly used up old stash on this, but never mind, I like it so much that I wanted to share it with you anyway.  Maybe I will email it to Cardmaking & Papercraft and see if I can get on their letters page . . . 

Anyway, I will have more cards to share with you over the next few days I am sure - I still have millions of thank yous to make and blog about.  But for today, I am going to be a busy bee - SSW cards to make, I need to take my hoop back to the dress shop, do the family visits,  go to Hobbycraft to get materials to start making my friend's wedding invitations, but first I suppose I had better stop procrastinating and actually get ready!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget