Sunday, 13 January 2013

Under The Sea

Soooo, I had planned to get loads done today, but, as usual, that didn't happen.  Before falling asleep on the sofa for most of the afternoon and then getting distracted first by my friend Mandy coming for a cuppa and catch up and then by my wedding photos arriving, I did manage to make a few cards.  I have two I would like to share with you tonight, and this is the first one:



I will be entering this into the following challenges:


This card is an order form my friend, Helen's, mum, and I hope she likes it.

I love the brightness of it - cheering anyone up on a very cold and starting to snow day.

Here's how I made it:

I used a bright yellow card blank and covered it in some blue paper and some pink and yellow spotty paper I got as freebies with an old issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft.  I really like these papers as they are so bright and cheerful and do invoke memories of holidays.

I covered the join with a piece of lace.

I stamped the Lili of the Valley mermaid onto a scalloped circle (die-cut from white card) using black versafine ink.  I then coloured the image in using distress inks and promarkers.  I added Stickles glitter glue to the wings to make them sparkly.

Behind the scalloped circle, I added a small piece of pink/yellow spotty paper and stamped 'Happy Birthday' using black versafine ink.

I printed the 'Granddaughter' sentiment in pink and backed it onto a piece of leftover blue paper.  I then added this to the bottom centre of the card.

Finally, to finish, I created a 3-D flower by layering three die-cut flowers in pink and yellow and adding a coil (quilled!) of yellow card to the centre.  This was originally supposed to have been a quilled rose, but didn't turn out quite how I expected, but it makes a brilliant middle for this flower.

Now, I have a couple of big orders on this week, so I may not be posting much more than my normal daily post, but in the meantime I do have one more card to share with you. 

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Holly, lovely and bright. Love the sweet mermaid and the lovely DP. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi holly, thanks for sharing your sunny card with us at Allsorts tracyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh das ist eine bezaubernde Karte geworden.
    Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei Cards and More.
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, I love the colour combo you used and that is such a sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card!
    Thank you for joining us this week at cards and more.

    Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget