Saturday, 12 January 2013

Up In The Tree

Soooo, this is my final card for tonight, as I have finally caught up on sharing my cards:


I am entering this for the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - beat the blues
Allsorts Challenges - dies and punches
Lili's Little Fairies - charms and/or two backing papers
Crafty Creations - something new

This car was another order from my friend, Helen.

Before starting this card, I chose the Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece, and went from there.  I decided to use the colours from this image, so went with a pink and green theme, and backed the image with some green card.

I went with the easel card shape again and used a hot pink blank.  The backing papers on both the front and the inside are from the same paper pack, which is from a freebie paper pack from an old issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft.

On the inside, I used some green paper and as a 'stop' for the easel I used a green spotty scalloped card strip, and above that a pink scalloped card strip with some faux stitching.

I also added some pink flat-backed gems to the bottom left-hand corner.

The 'niece sentiment' was a gold peel-off from my stash, which I coloured pink with a promarker.  The frame around the sentiment is pure fluke, as this was part of the backing paper, which when I cut formed a little frame perfect for the sentiment.

I then started on the front of the card . . .

I used a pink paper on the front, which featured a bird motif.  I cut the paper so the bird was on the bottom left-hand corner of the card, looking into the centre of the card.  I then positioned the main image at an angle so it didn't cover any of the bird image.

To the main image, I added a multi-colour 'Happy Birthday' peel-off sentiment.

To finish the card, I layered some pink and green die-cut flowers and added a gem to the centre.  I then attached this to the very edge of the image, so that when the card was 'easeled' it looked pretty much like it was floating in the air.

I hope that Helen liked the card.  I certainly do.  The bright colours are certainly enough to brighten anyone's day.

So, that is it for tonight.  I am as caught up as I can be.  I do have some more cards I haven't blogged about yet, but they will wait for another day.  I'm now going to go do some more work, as I have a few orders on at the moment.  I also need to do my blog post for the next Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge (please check out this week's SSW challenge - it is a good one) and check out the entries that have already been posted.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


4 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, another wonderful card, so pretty!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, and great to see you playing at Allsorts challenge, however your entry doesn't have something you have die cut or punched so sadly wont be eligible for a prize... but hope you can come play again soon hugs Samantha - ALLSORTS DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha, please re-read my post - the flower is made from three die-cut flowers layered together. Kind regards, Holly

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget