Monday, 25 February 2013

Keeping Mum

Soooo, Hello!  I am returning from my AWOL-ness of cardmaking and challenge entering.

One has been extremely busy with other things recently, and cards have taken a bit of a back seat.  However, a new challenge has come along that I couldn't resist from Lili of the Valley's Ideas To Inspire Blog.

I read this blog every day and this week they are running a challenger to celebrate LOTV's 9th Birthday.  Fittingly, the challenge is to make a birthday card.  I can see that I might have a few entries for this, and here is my first one - an order from my friend for her mum's birthday:


I kept this one pretty simple, so it may actually be too simple for LOTV's Ideas to Inspire blog, but I still think it is pretty.

I used a mini masterpiece (inking the edges in Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink), as I loved the colours, and carried these colours through to the rest of the card, using a kraft blank and brown papers.

The spotty paper is actually from LOTV's krafty Christmas paper pack, but I think this one is suitable for all year.  The gingham papers are from a Boofle paper pack.  I then matted this on to a piece of gold card, with my usual funky angles.

I wrapped the paper stack in gold and taupe ribbon, crossing them in the middle, and then made a bow from the two ribbons too to attach to the bottom right hand corner of the mini masterpiece.  I can't remember where I got these ribbons from - I just found them in my ribbon stash.

To finish, I added 'Mum' in sparkly gold letters to add some bling.

I will also be entering this card into the following challenges:

The Pink Elephant - anything goes
Sweet Stamping Challenge - for a special lady

I have another card already made to show you, but I think that this will be this week's 'Holly' challenge - to make as many LOTV cards as having to go to work will allow.

Happy Crafting!

Holly xx








10 comments:

  1. Adorable LOTV image. Just precious with the papers and embellishments. Thanks for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week with your beautiful card.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hun, I love this image, so pretty, thank you for playing along with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image Holly, it reminds me of me and my sister! I love how you've used it on this pretty card.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - the colours work really well together and the gold just finishes it off perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie what a gorgeous creations, I love it...

    Thank you for joining us on our 9th Birthday challenge....

    Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly, such a cute image and a fabulous card. I know just what you mean about LoTV challenges - they do like their fancy cards don't they! Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though, your card is just as good as all the other I see there.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours and a gorgeous image . Thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle Hugs Trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri~TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely card for a MUM, great job on your colouring, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget