Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 115 (March)

Soooo, apologies if this review is a little short - my fingers are freezing and I am struggling to type today.  Anyway, rather than my usual rambling on, I shall just get straight on with the review:

This issue comes with a free paper pack and a pack of printed sentiments, both of which I have already put to use, and as always the first feature in the magazine is how to use these, including cards and gift boxed.

One of my favourite features are the circus-inspired cards - perfect for girl or boy.  These use some gorgeous stamps and some great papers, and I don't think I could choose my favourite card between them.  There is also a little (simple to make) matching tag.  These are all made by Bev Rochester, who has to be one of my favourite card designers.

Following this is the 10 Ideas for Easter, and I think I am in love with the bunny bunting - all made from the sweetest paper bunnies and pom pom tails.  there are also cards, boxes and decorations.

It was also very interesting to read 3 Ideas With Flower Soft.  I really want to try this product and the results in the cards in this issue have convinced me that next time I am in Hobbycraft instead of standing near it convincing myself to try it, I will just do it.

Masterclass Advanced:  Floral Flourish has the most gorgeous quilled flowers card, which I would love to try, but the fact that it is 'advanced' and my attempts at quilling so far have been less that successful put me off - I think it is one to master when I have a spare weekend.  There is also a matching tag to try your hand at.  In fact, it may be best to start with the tag.

I enjoy Sharon Armstrong's feature on how to use Pan Pastels.  I had heard of these before but had no idea how to use them, so have so far held off buying any.  I think these can now go on my wish list, as the effects shown by Sharon are lovely.

Other projects and features this issue include:
  • 3 Ways With Sketches has some fairies, birds and butterflies
  • Mother's Day Gifts has some gorgeous stationary
  • Quick Makes has pastel-coloured mother's day cards, along with bright butterflies
  • Dawn Philips has some concertina folded designs in Fantastic Folding
  • There is an Easter gift box in Box of Tricks
  • Leoni Pujol has embossing tips and projects for you
  • 3 Ideas With CraftGeek Stamps
  • 6 Ways With Embossing Stamps
  • Upcycle With String
  • 20 Minute Makes has some ideas for men - always difficult to make for


Giveaways this issue include:
  • Joanna Sheen goody bags
  • Penny Black goody bags (subscribers only)
  • Bazzill Basics goody bags
  • Katy Sue goodies
  • Paper Cellar goodies
  • Fancy Pants goody bag
  • Woodware goodies
Next issue is out on 21st March, but this one is in the shops now.

Happy Crafting!

Holly 
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget