Monday, 11 February 2013

Review: Let's Make Cards Issue 59

Sooooo, this is the last issue of Let's Make Cards.  From next month, it is changing to Papercrafter with the focus on just cards being lost.  I'm reserving my opinion on this change until I have seen the new magazine, but in the meantime, here is my review of the last ever issue of LMC:

So, this kit this time contains:
  • backing papers
  • paper strips
  • coloured card blanks
  • shaped card blanks, including an Easter Egg
  • diecuts
  • chipboards
  • boarders
  • 3-D toppers
  • ribbons
  • buttons
  • rafia
  • gems
  • flower sequins
  • doily/cut-out/template.
So, I'm not sure if I'm in a more improved mood these days - I doubt it as my stress levels are through the roof at the moment - but I have enjoyed this issue much more than previous  issues.

As usual, one of the first features in this issue is how to make cards using just your kit.  There are a few cards in this feature that I really like, and now that I have finished all my sewing for next week's craft fair, I am hoping to resume my card making.  My favourites are Egg Hunt, Pretty Bird House, Floral Wishes and Butterfly Bouquet.

I also really like With Love and Special Mum from the Ribbons and Papers feature, along with Beautiful Birdhouse and Just For You from Seasonal Greetings.

Another of my favourites is Rabbit Trio in 4 Ways With Your Doily Template.  I especially like this, as it uses the pop-outs from the doily template, rather than cutting it up, and I really don't want to cut it up, as I want to keep it intact.  This is because I think it will make a great template for decorating the top of an Easter cake - I just need to decide what flavour I am making - currently, I am thinking chocolate orange, with a dusting of cocoa on top?

Other features this issue are:
  • Crafter's Guide to Washi Tape
  • Use Your Paper Strips to Make Bright & Happy Greetings
  • It's Only Words - help with sentiments and verses
  • Fun Gift Baskets
  • Top Makes With Your Pop-Out Motifs
  • Craft School has an Easter Basket
  • Lovely Gifts for Mum

Tutorials this issue include:
  • How to tie the perfect bow
  • How to make washi tape bunting
  • 3 ways to get scalloped edges
  • How to get a spring feel top your cards
  • How to make a handle
  • How to add greater depth with decoupage
  • How to do iris folding
  • How to create a scalloped blank
  • How to make a heart base
  • How to weave paper

Giveaways this issue are:
  • Lefty scissors from Fiskars
  • Wow Embossing sets
  • Promarker sets
  • Stampin' Up sets
  • Daisy Trail downloads
  • Charm sets from A La Mode.

I'm very much looking forward to finding out what the New Papercrafter mag will be like. It is out on 28th March, but in the meantime, I think this issue will put me on nicely.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget