Monday, 25 February 2013

Review: Simply Homemade - Issue 27


Soooo, today I am bringing you my review of Simply Homemade and there are loads of pretty things in it.
First up, there are two freebies this issue – a CD-Rom full of lovely papers and toppers etc. and a cross-stitch kit, which makes a lovely birdhouse picture, and which I hope to make a start on this week (I’m not promising though – my weeks have a habit of running away with themselves these days).  Anywho, as always, the first project in this issue is how to use your lovely freebies.
For the CD-Rom there are cards, canvases and button jars, along with calendars and scrapbook pages.
For the cross stitch kit there are bookmarks, canvases, frames pictures and a cushion.
One of the projects I was particularly interest in is the candle in a jar, as this is something I hope to have a go at making at some point this year.
I really like the Elegant Arabesque feature, which everyone probably thinks I would as I dance.  This feature has little leg crochet leg warmers (I will practice my crocheting and attempt these) and a bun cover.  I really like the ballet shoes bag, which feature on the front a pair of appliquéd ballet shoes.  This is definitely something I will be making in the future – it will fit into my range perfectly, and I may also have a go at the (apparently) quick and easy tutu.
Staying on my pink-loving theme, I am also very much in love with everything in Spring Fever.  The butterfly tea light holders in this are simply adorable, and look so easy to make.  I might make my mum one for Mother’s Day as she always has candles burning.  I have some pretty butterflies in my stash too.  The decorative heart would also make a great Mother’s Day gift, but I’m not sure I have the time or patience for that at the moment – that can be a project for a day off should I ever get one.  I also very much like the painted plant pots, and again this is something I would love to have a go at on that day off I might one day get.  There is also a little vellum vase, which would be great for decorative purposes or to hold your nick-nacks.  Finally, there is a decorated notebook, which is beyond pretty.
Possibly my favourite feature is Wedding Belles.  This feature has three very pretty wedding tiaras, all of which I want to make.  My favourite is probably the crown shaped one, but there is also a feather 20s-style fascinator
Other features in this issue include:
  • Gifts in Jars – display your photos, nick-nacks and sewing kits vintage style in cute jars. 
  • Rainbow Brights – a bright Afghan throw
  • Beautiful Beads – a gorgeous beaded necklace
  • Cover Story – fabric book covers – I like the peacock one
  • Easter biscuits
  • Caramel delights – beautiful caramel and toffee coloured earrings and a necklace
  • Happy Mother’s Day – heart garlands, padded coat hangers and a tissue box cover.

Giveaways this issue are:
  • Clover French knitters
  • Gutermann thread packs
  • MDF letters and numbers sets
  • Japan Crafts clasp purse kits
  • Dremel 7700 decorating kits (I want one of these)
  • Book, Carnival of Felting
  • Project Planners from The Little Wool Company
  • Hemline Tailor’s Chalk sets
  • Bead Café sets
  • Book. Rubbish Revamped, with a workshop
  • Wonderwool Wales tickets
  • Seek It Out Sew Sock Monster kits
  • Serif goody bag
  • Heritage Crafts cross-stitch sets.

The next issue is out on 21st March and comes with pearl buttons and rubber stamps.  I am very much looking forward to this as the advert for it has some cute little dolls, which I think the nieces would adore.
Happy Crafting
Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget