Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Bugaboo Stamps


Soooo, good morning! Hello all.
Today brings another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and this week it is a good one.
This week it is also my first time writing the post for Sweet Sketch Wednesday, so please go over to the SSW website and find out what I've been writing about.
Anyway, without further ado, here is my offering for SSW this week:


This was made using this week's sketch:

The image is from our sponsor this week, Bugaboo Stamps.
Here is a little info about Bugaboo:
As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the work of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations.  That was two  years ago.  Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing!  From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects.  Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!
If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps stamps at Totally Stampalicious.  And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT for weekly challenges at Catch The Bug.
I loved using this image and this sketch and for reasons I still don't know decided to go vintagey and use a sepia theme.  I am very impressed with myself as I made all my own backing papers as I didn't have any ivory/brown ones in my stash - shock I know and I shall be rectifying this at the first available opportunity.
Sooo, here is  how I made my card:
I printed the digi image onto ivory paper and coloured her in using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  I made a (very) small nod to colour in her cheeks, using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
I then backed this with some brown paper, which I had made by rubbing Brushed Corduroy over some ivory paper and allowing it to dry. 
The two patterned papers, again, I made using ivory paper and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  One was stamped with small flowers and the other with a flourish.
I assembled all pieces onto a plain piece of ivory paper and then attached this to a kraft blank.
To finish off the card, I added three small ivory flat-backed pearls in opposite corners and diecut two large and two small flowers from ivory paper.  I inked the edges of each flower with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and then assembled them together, curling each petal to make it stand out.  I finished with a large flat-backed ivory pearl in the middle.
I really like this card, and it is not often that I like my own cards, and it has sold pretty much straight away. 
Isn't it amazing what you can do with one distress ink and some plain paper?
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. cute card and image love the monochrome look -good luc with Twisted Tuesday DT call
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable Holly!! Love the monochromatic look! And what a marvelous post over at SSW too. Have a great week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, great post over at SSW. I love the picture of you and your mum. I love the monocromatic color scheme you have used for your card and that fun flower.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly, love your card very cute image and your design papers are really pretty. Thanks for the great posting this week, and I love your photo of you and your mum and your dress was so pretty. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, your posting on SSW was great. Good job, the first one is always the hardest. I love the monochromatic look of your card. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, love the flower. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this monochromatic card!! Super cute!! Great post too =)
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the monotone colors and all of the pearls!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget