Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Digistamp Boutique


Sooooo, it is not Friday, it is not 5 to 5, so that means it is not time for Crackerjack.  However, it is Wednesday, so that means that it is time for another challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and for my offering this week, I thought I would make a start on Easter:



The sketch this week is a good one (I think anyway) and I found it really simple to use:


The adorable image is from our sponsor this week, Digistamp Boutique, who actually sponsor SSW on a monthly basis, which is fine by me as I have been a fan of their digis for a long time already. 



I coloured this little guy in distress markers and chose to make him brown this time, as opposed to grey as I did in my last SSW Digistamp Boutique offering, which you can find here.

I decided to try and make the image as bright as possible, as I always associate Easter with brightness. 

I followed the image through to my papers, using a blue star paper from my stash (I can't remember where it came from) and some handmade, slightly see-through, yellowy-orange paper.  The blue ribbon is from my stash and I circle punched some blue paper and stamped 'Easter Blessings' in black versamark ink using my Lili of the Valley postmark sentiments stamp set.  Finally, I added a little gold star to the centre of the circle.  This is one of the many sparkles I pulled from my hair and wedding dress after my wedding, where my Auntie Jacky decided it would be put to cover me in sparkles.  I am still finding sparkles randomly turning up around the house nearly two months later.  Never mind, they all come in handy for crafting.
 
Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



8 comments:

  1. Such a cute image and I love your darling papers. Hope you are having a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling image this week Holly. Great job coloring him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Holly! It's never too early to get a head start on some Easter cards, that's for sure. Such a darling image. Hooray for using paper from your stash! Have a wonderful week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet papers!! Love the cute image - wonderful Easter card!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly this is such a cute Easter Card. Lovely image and colours. Sweet papers and embellishments. Take care and have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Easter card, and love the hand made paper. Such a cute image.
    Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little bear and the perfect little Easter card!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet Easter card. Darling image!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget