Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Milk'n'Coffee


Sooooo, its Wednesday morning, and once again it is time for another amazing sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week the sketch is:



And here is my offering for this week:



The image comes from our lovely sponsor Milk N Coffee, who are rapidly becoming one of my favourite digi suppliers.  Keep your eyes peeled on the blog for more images from them in the very near future.



This is a card I made when I was feeling a bit down in the dumps, so I decided to use some bright colours to cheer me up a bit.

The image is coloured with promarkers and I coloured the image to look a bit like my eldest niece, Georgia (which basically meant giving her brown hair), but I so often seem to do blondes, which end up looking like my youngest niece, Evie, also known as 'Miss Narky Knickers' according to my sister today.  No idea what she has done wrong, other than be her usual bossy self.  She was the quiet one before she started school in September, but that has definitely all changed.
 
Anyway, I'm digressing again aren't I?

I followed the colours in my image through to my papers and ribbon.  The flowery papers are all from a Boofle paper pack and the yellow paper is just some from my stash and I can't remember for the life of me where I got it from. 

The ribbon is from MeiFlower and I actually won this on a twitter competition back in the summer and have been waiting for a card to use it on ever since.  I also made a bow from the ribbon, to match the bow on the image.

Finally, the little yellow gems are from my stash.

I made this a while ago, as I like to be ahead, and have used it as a thank you card from the wedding and Christmas.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. You card is very cheerful and make me feel happy! Love the ribbon and cute bow. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, such a sweet card. Love the bow.. I was looking at your weeding photos. I love love them. thanks for sharing them with us.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit to giggling over your nickname for your niece. We call my husband Captain Cranky Pants when he's in a snit and I'm thinking about snagging THAT name for me! Love it! Your card is darling Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, there's so much sweetness tied up on your card!! It's totally adorable. Love your image and that gorgeous ribbon. So fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and fresh colors with this sweet little gal! I really like the floral ribbon too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly - Love the yellow and green!! Makes me think of daffodils... we just got buried in 2' of snow, so daffodils would be wonderful right about now!! Sweet papers and the ribbon is perfect!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly, such a cute image and pretty colours and embellishments. Lovely design papers. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget