Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Saturated Canary


Soooooo, I know that it is Valentines tomorrow, and I should probably have done a Valentines card for this week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday offering, but I liked this Saturated Canary image so much, that I decided not to,  There are a couple of nods to Valentines on it though.



The sketch at SSW this week is an unusual one:


The girls have been busy designing new sketches and this is one of them.  I must admit, when I first saw it I did not know what I was going to do, triangles being an unusual shape to find on a card), but once I started, it came together very easily.

As I've already said, the image is from this week's sponsor, Saturated Canary, and I just couldn't resist this one, as it is very me - I used to have long flowing blonde locks (before I had my hair chopped into a much more manageable bob), and I am the biggest bookworm I know. 



I coloured this little lady using distress inks, and I am quite proud of myself for the effects I have achieved.  I do keep practising and I think I am getting better at my colouring - not bad to say I was the least creative person I knew not so long back.

Anyway, I cut the image into a circle.  At the time, I did not have circle dies, so it was a case of drawing around a glass and cutting very carefully with scissors.  I then backed the image onto a circle of green paper.

All the papers come from the same freebie paper pack I got with an old issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft.  The ribbon is actually a shoe lace, which my dad bought me, knowing I would find a use for it in my crafting.  I think there were six pairs in a set and I have one pair in my tap shoes and the others have been put in my ribbon stash.  Notice the nod to valentines on the lace - pretty hearts.  I also found some shiny padded hearts in my stash.  I had actually forgotten I had these and had originally planned to go with little flowers, but found these instead whilst looking for the flowers. 

Finally, the pink gems in the bottom right hand corner are also from my stash.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




8 comments:

  1. Holly,
    Cute card. Love your cute ribbon. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Holly, I love the little heart embellishments you have used on your card. Your card is super cute.
    Have a fabulous week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly - love your coloring!! I have not invested in any of the Distressed Ink markers yet... I just may have to soon!! Really cute card!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. I'm wondering how I missed that image. I REALLY like it because I too am a HUGE bookworm! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, what a perfect card! I wasn't sure about the sketch at first either, but like you said, it came together so quickly. Gorgeous coloring too.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous. Love those puffy hearts. This is one of the next images I want to work on of Krista's, but she has soooooo many adorable ones. Hope you had a great Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun hearts, jewels and ribbon with this fun image!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Holly cute image pretty colours and your wonderful embellishments I love your selection of bling hearts on your card. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget