Monday, 11 March 2013

Bluebells


Soooo, today I would like to share with you the wedding invitations I made for my mum’s friend, Sandra, recently.
The specification I received was Bluebells and Purple, but other than that I pretty much had free reign on this.  I based the design loosely around this simple wedding invitation design that I love:

I then started adding the specs.
I spent aaaaages trying to find a bluebell stamp, and had nearly given up hope when I eventually found one at The Great North Papercrafting Event in Harrogate.  It was here that I also developed my love of distress inks, and bought Dusty Concord as my purple ink.  I struggled to find some bluebell coloured card, so in the end I decided to use white card coloured with a bluebell promarker.  This seemed like a good idea at the time, but I fully used up two promarkers in this endeavour.
I made five different invitation samples (photos at the bottom), based around the same design, so Sandra could choose which one she wanted.  This is the one she chose:

So, here is how I made the invitation:
I stamped the ‘Wedding’ image, which I love and came free with Crafts Beautiful a while ago, with dusty concord distress ink onto bright white card.  I then heat embossed this with clear embossing powder.  Due to the nature of the distress ink, the embossing is a little patchy, but I like that effect.
I then stamped a bluebell at the top and bottom of this, using grey memento ink, and I coloured these with promarkers.
I was also asked to add an S (for Sandra) and a T (for Trevor), so I used some swirly letter stamps from my stash and again the dusty concord distress ink.
I then layered this onto some bluebell card, which I then layered onto a white square card blank.
All in all, I made 70 invitations – 20 daytime, which were a proper card, and 50 evening, which were a card cut in half, so just the front bit really.  I practised my printing techniques and printed the details directly onto the card.  I am very impressed with my new printer.
Anyway, Sandra seemed to like them, although from now on I may realise what a mammoth task 70 invitations are, and I might keep the designs a little simpler  I did enjoy making them though and you can guarantee no-one else will ever have the same invitation.
I have some more wedding invitations to show you soon, along with some more wedding bits and bobs, but in the meantime . . . .
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget