Sunday, 3 March 2013

Butterflies & Geishas

Soooo, hello.  I seem to be back with a few cards finally.  Still struggling with my craft mojo, but orders call to be made and I spent yesterday at Lili of the Valley's shop for their ninth birthday party and a little inspiration is starting to strike again.  Here is today's first (maybe only) offering:




This card was ordered by my step-mother (non-wicked) for her friend and her only specifications were 'Friend' and 'Linda' so I had pretty much free reign.

I used my new Aimi Geisha stamp from LOTV, stamped in black versafine and coloured with distress inks.  I am deciding that distress inks are definitely my favourite colouring medium. The hair was coloured with my new distress ink, black soot, bought at LOTV yesterday.  I have been practising colouring hair - does it show yet?  The dress and lantern were coloured with broken china and mustard seed, and the fan was coloured using brushed corduroy.

The papers are all from my stash.  The blue and yellow flower papers at the bottom were made using plain white card and my new embossing folder bought from ebay.  I tried out the letterpress technique I found in January's issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft.

I finished the card by stamping a LOTV corner in the top left hand corner of the image, adding a ribbon, butterfly and flower, along with two scroll sentiments.

I am entering this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


10 comments:

  1. This is adorable Holly!! I love that sweet image and your beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the butterfly. Yes your hair looks great. I still struggle with black hair! Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Holly, thank you for playing along with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is fabulous . i love oriental cards . Thanks for sharing with us at challenges 4 everybody hugs trisha x dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning. Love the image and the colours are fab . thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. LOTV has some beautiful stamps, don't they! Thanks so much for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card!!! Feel free to check out my blog at www.cardsbytrish.blogspot.com - I've got some awesome candy I'm giving away!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget