Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 116 (April)


Sooooo, hopefully I will have been able to set this post up before my internet decides to do one again.  Fingers crossed.  If I haven't, sorry once again that this is late.   Anyway, this is my last proper post for a couple of weeks - it is Sweet Sketch Wednesday tomorrow and then I am on my jolly holidays, so I have scheduled some posts for you.
Anyway, let's move on to today (which is hopefully Tuesday) and to my review of the new Cardmaking & Papercraft.  This isn't actually out until Thursday, but you get a heads up at least and you would have to wait two weeks otherwise.
This month's issue comes with a free stamp and paper set from Jayne Nestorenko.  I like the stamp set as one of the stamps in it reminds me of me and my little sister when we were kids - FYI I'm the one in the dress looking all girly and my sister is scruffy in the jeans.  She's still a tomboy now.  The stamp set also has some cute puppies and some lovely flower stamps.  As always, the first project in the magazine is some ideas for the freebies.
Simonne Clay has some lovely cards in Vintage Glamour, made using toned down colours and butterfly and bloom stamps, they really are gorgeous - perfect for anyone who loves vintage.
Quick Makes has some pretty new home cards, some lovey dovey cards and some fun cards.  My favourite is the rocket 'Have a Blast' card.  This would be perfect for any boys, and they are always so hard to make for.  I might even have a go at this one.
Karen Watson demonstrates resist technique in Simply Irresistible.  I love the effect that this has, leaving the motif in white, standing out against a coloured background.  I am led to believe that a similar effect can also be achieved with clear heat embossing.  I think I might have a go at this when I come back from my holidays.  Only problem is, I have loads that I want to try, particularly as I came back from the Great North Papercraft Extravaganza at the weekend with a bag full of goodies (courtesy of mother!)
Other projects this issue include:
  • ·         10 ideas for gilding flakes
  • ·         Shrink plastic button tree in Bright as a Button
  • ·         3 Ways with Sketches has an Easter theme going on
  • ·         6 Ideas for Felt Toppers - I love the toadstool
  • ·         Upcycle with Old Jewellery
  • ·         Advanced Masterclass has glass painting in Picture Perfect - I won't try this - I am probably not to be trusted with glass :-/
  • ·         Leoni Pujol has an embellished notepad and photo frame using clay
  • ·         Sharon Armstrong has hints and tips on using colour mists in Crafter's Guide

Giveaways this issue include: 
  • ·         Big Shot die-cutter and Tattered Lace dies from Hobbycraft
  • ·         Craft Studio Kits (subscribers only)
  • ·         Fizzy Moon goody bags (subscribers only)
  • ·         tickets to The Chilterns Craft Show
  • ·         tickets to the Weald of Kent Craft & Design Show
  • ·         LED Flexilens StarMag lamp
  • ·         Woodware goodies.

There are a couple of things in this mag that I think I shall be having a go at.  I'm also already looking forward to the next issue, which is out on 18th April, and has some interesting looking projects.
In the meantime . . .
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget