Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Dearie Dolls


Sooooo, Hello and welcome to another Wednesdays.  These Wednesdays certainly seem to be going fast.
Anyway, Wednesday means that it is time for another sketch challenge over at SSW, and this week's is (I think) a little different to the usual offering:

We are sponsored this week by Dearie Dolls, whose amazing digistamps are all free.  They are so great, I chose three, but decided to go with this little princess for the card I am sharing with you today:

I must admit, I was umming and ahhhring about this card all the time I was making it, but I think that could be because the sketch was so simple to use this week that it could be interpreted in many different ways.  Here is how I chose to use the sketch:
I cut the image into a circle and coloured her with promarkers, sticking to pinks and purples, because everyone knows that they are 'princess colours'.  I added some stickles glitter glue to her wings to make them a little bit sparkly - a princess can never have too many sparkles.
I am not sure quite what possessed me to do this, but I decided to border the circle using lace.  It was a bit tricky but I got there in the end.  I then used some backing paper I had from an old issue of Crafts Beautiful and bordered this with lace too.
I finished off the card with my own take on the bunting across the top left-hand corner.  I made 4 hearts using shrink plastic, colouring them with promarkers before shrinking.  I then attached these to some thin pink ribbon, and that is my bunting.
Finally. I added three pink flat-backed pearls in the bottom right-hand corner.
I hope you like my card - I am still umming and ahhring a bit about it.  Maybe I have made it too fussy with the patterned background paper and the lace.  Hmmmm . . .
Anyway, I did enjoy using the sketch and shall be using this again in future.
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx
Mary Ellen of Dearie Dolls

7 comments:

  1. Holly, cute papers and I love the heart banner. have a wonderful week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly!! Adorable card!! I LOVE all your lace and the heart banner is brilliant!! Wishing you a Blessed week!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure is a darling card Holly!! Adorable image and such a fabulous banner too. Enjoy the weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super sweet card, love the perfect paper and the lace that you used. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. That paper is so perfect with this sweet little girl! Love the hearts and pearls too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the lacy frills on your card this week. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly very cute little Princess, pretty colours and embellishments. So so cute what little girl wouldn't love this card. Take care.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget