Saturday, 18 May 2013

Butterfly Decoupage

Soooo, this is the second card I will be sharing with you today.  I may make some more later, or I might get absorbed in Dr Who and catching up on my telly from the week. 

Anyway, before I start going off on a tangent, here is my card:



It's so pretty isn't it?  I originally started this as an order from the step-mother (non-wicked), but she wanted a name putting on it and I don't think there is room without ruining the card.  I will think about that one.

I have accidentally pretty much followed the sketch over at A Gem of a Challenge, probably as I had it in my head from earlier.  So, I think I will enter it into that challenge.

The pink paper, sentiment and the decoupage butterfly topper were from a Hunkydory Flutterby wishes set I got free with this month's Cardmaking & Papercraft,  I have to say, it is one of the best freebies I have had in a while from any magazine.  I've added a photo to show you the depth and layers of the decoupage.

The mirror card, ribbon and gem brads are from my stash.

The decoupage was put together using silicone glue, as I find it gives a better finish that sticky pads,  mirror card behind the decoupage topper was die-cut using a Spellbinders nestibility.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


6 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Holly. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Papercrafting Journey.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, such pretty colours. I picked up that mag yesterday but haven't had a chance to play with the freebie yet, it's lovely isn't it?! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is very pretty Holly! I love the way you've layered up the circles… and the butterflies are gorgeous… it's a fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is super, what a great card, love the pale collour you went for. Oh wasnt Doctor Who brilliant, I loved it this week, roll on 23 Nov!!! Thanks for playing with us on our Colour Challenge on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love the design and such pretty colours.

    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Holly! Love the beautiful design and all those fabulous butterflies!

    So glad you joined us in this weeks Bingo challenge at Catch The Bug!

    :) Becky G
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget