Monday, 27 May 2013

More Beautiful Butterflies

Soooo, I was going to use the card in Butterfly Decoupage as my grandma's birthday card, but the step-mother (non-wicked) took that to sell at her work - I can't say no - she is my biggest supporter after all.  Sooo, I had to make another one:



I made this using the same Hunky Dory Flutterby Wishes set and a pink blank from my stash.  I just love this set and could be tempted to invest in another.  Anyway, I added a few more bits and pieces.  The image, sentiment and backing paper are all from the set.  I stuck the sentiment on with sticky pads to give a bit of dimension.

The ribbon is from Hobbycraft, the flower from a job lot I got from Ebay a while ago.  The heart pins I got free a few months ago with Simply Homemade.  These are actual pins for sewing, but they are so pretty I keep using them on my cards.

The 'Grandma' letters are from my stash and I have had them so long I can't remember where I go them from. I have a feeling they were from Yellow Moon.  

The flat backed pearls are from my stash.  Finally, I added a tiny tiny pink gem to the right of the butterfly.  You can't really see this on the photo though, and it does blend in really well with the image.

I hope my Gran likes it.  She does love butterflies and we have certainly gone for a butterfly theme this year.  I will share the the gifts I have made in future posts.  In addition, she is also getting an Aloe Vera plant, as mine keeps sprouting babies and I keep having to give them away before the monster takes over my kitchen window.




Anyway, I am entering this card into the following challenges:


Fingers crossed.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

Catch The Bug Photo Inspiration

Incy Wincy Photo Inspiration

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Holly. I love the colors and beautiful butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.
    Nancy Guest Designer CTB

    ReplyDelete
  2. A totally delightful card Holly and I'm sure your grandma will really love it.

    Thanks so much to joining in with our Birthday celebrations at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card. love your color choices. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Shelly DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! Love that butterfly!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for participating in our 4th anniversary blog hop at Allsorts with your lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining our May Photo inspiration Challenge at CTB! We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge! Hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Gram is going to love it. Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug.

    Kathy S. - G.D. - CTB

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Holly, your Grandma will love it. I love your choice of colours and embellishments. Good to have you with us at INCY WINCY this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and beautiful! This is exactly what I've been looking for a birthday wishes. One of the most special birthday cards in Allsorts challenge. Thumbs up to you!

    Cheers and hugs xxxx
    Alma
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget