Thursday, 16 May 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 118 June


Sooooo, I think this one hits the shops today - I get very confused because .I get my subscription copy a few days early and I can never remember from the last issue.  Anyway, if it isn't out today or already, it will hit the shops tomorrow.

This issue comes with a gorgeous Hunkydory Flutterby Wishes set.  I've not had chance to use this yet, but I am planning a huge card making session at the weekend, so keep your eyes peeled for my makes.  I'm drawing inspiration from the ideas in the magazine, as as normal how to use your free gift is the first feature in this issue and includes cards, a gift box and gift cards.

One of my favourite projects is Bright & Beautiful, which uses heat embossing and grasses stamps to create some gorgeous, brightly coloured cards and background papers.  All I need now is some grasses stamps.  I'll just have to add them to the list of things I want to buy come pay day.

I love Floral Flourish - a project which shows you how to decorate paper lanterns and paper lampshades to make them oh so pretty.  I think I might have to have a go at this.  I have a paper lampshade in my bedroom now, so when I decorate it (hopefully soon) I will upcycle my lamp shade too.

I have read with interest the Love & Marriage project, which is a mini fold-out wedding album.  As I still haven't done my wedding album, I may attempt this one first.  It is so sweet and pretty and easily adaptable to my wedding theme.  I'd love to also make one of these for my friends who are getting married very soon.  The one in the magazine would be ideal for this as it incorporates the wedding theme.

Other projects include:

  • 10 ideas with glazes
  • a father's day slider card
  • 6 ideas for father's day using kraft card
  • a card featuring one of the new Lili of the Valley vintage boys images (subscribers only)
  • quick makes for father's day, birthdays, new home and bon voyage
  • cards made using fabric for the toppers
  • craft technique explained:  resist technique
  • bright butterfly cards using digistamps from Pink Petticoat
  • masking stamps with Leoni Pujol
  • 1 sketch, 3 ways
  • projects with Marvy Le Plume markers
  • 3 ideas for good luck
  • 10 minute makes with Hero Arts stamps
  • Upcycling with fabric scraps


Giveaways this issue are:

  • Basic Grey papers
  • Velvet stickers from Starform
  • Cardcraft for Weddings DVD
  • Pink Paislee Cottage Farms kit
  • Portobello Road stamps (subscribers only)
  • Flecmarker sets (subscribers only)


The next issue is out on 13th June and comes with some free Holly Hobbie stamps.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget