Monday, 6 May 2013

Review: Papercrafter - Issue 61


Sooo, issue two of the new Papercrafter magazine (although they are continuing the numbering on from Let's Make Cards, so officially, this is issue 61!), and there are a few good projects.  One of my favourites is the 'pink birthday' card in 14 Fab Makes.  This is such a pretty card and I love the colour combination of pink and turquoise.  It also has butterflies on it, which are always a winner in my book.
Speaking of butterflies, there are also some lovely butterfly displays made from old gift boxes and book papers.  My step-mother (non-wicked) was trying to talk me into making something very similar about this time last year, but using decoupage frames.  This is a much cheaper idea, but I still don't think I could cut up a book - to me they are sacred.
This month's kit includes the usual loads of pretty papers, card blanks, various ribbons and embellishments.
This issue also has an amazing peacock card made using a concertina of paper.  Such a simple technique, but really effective.  the rest of the card is kept CAS, so the peacock can really pop out.  I think I might make up a few of these for my upcoming craft fair - The Eden Arms, Doncaster on Saturday, 25th May.  There will also be a Family Fun Day - bouncy castle, face painting etc.
Other projects this issue include:
  • a heart frieze - a wall hanging perfect for any little girl's bedroom I think
  • decoupage tray
  • 'welcome little one' card
  • gift bags
  • paper lanterns
  • Japanese kusdama (decorative paper balls)
  • butterfly wrist corsage
  • gift boxes
  • doily pops
  • candy cones
  • doily flowers
  • a paper-cut frame
  • soaps
  • sweet basket
  • coasters
  • teardrop hanging charms
  • wrapping and bows
  • geometric charms
  • teabag folding in a scrapbook layout
  • stylishly decorated storage boxes
  • children's cards
  • mini cards
  • star-shaped door/wall hangings
  • circular easel card
  • loads of other cards

You can also discover the 7 Sins of Papercrafting and right those wrongs!  I'd like to say that I am not guilty of any of these, but I am sure I have been at some point.
Following on from that, there is also advice on which is the best adhesive to use for which project.
Giveaways this issue include
  • a Dremel kit
  • Woodland Friends goodies
  • Decopatch sets
  • CD-Rom from Creative Crafting World
  • Cricut Mini
  • goodies from Inkwell Stamps

This one is in the shops now and the next issue is on sale on 7th June and it looks like it will have loads of goodies in the kit.
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget