Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: A Day For Daisies

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means another challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  AND, this week, it is my turn to write their post, so please head over and check it out.  Ithankyou.

Anyway, before I go off on my usual tangent, this week we are sponsored by one of our regular sponsors - the amazing people over at A Day For Daisies:



A DAY FOR DAISIES provides themed categories of over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!

And we have a lovely sketch for you too:



And here is my offering:



I coloured the image using promakers. I originally coloured it with distress inks,  but the effect was so soft that the colours barely showed up at all, so I had a rethink.  I did, however, use distress ink (victorian velvet) on the edges of each piece of paper and  the image.  

I think this image is just the cutest.  I think coloured up with the right colours it would also make a perfect Christmas card.

Anyway, I am, as usual digressing . . .

The papers are from a freebie paper pack from one of the magazines I get  (I do like my freebie papers) and the ribbon is from my stash, as are the little pearls in the bottom right-hand corner.

Sorry for the short post today - I've not been feeling too good these last few days and I barely have the energy to type.  Sorry.  Hopefully, a longer one will follow soon.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




5 comments:

  1. Hi Holly very cute card I do love this image and your pretty pastel colours. Thanks so much for the great posting over at SSW. I do hope your feeling better soon nothing worse when your feeling under the weather. Wishing you a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are feeling poorly. Hope you get well really soon. You're right, that IS a darling image and would definitely work for Christmas too. Very cute this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, I love your sweet image this week. Your papers are so pretty. I love the soft pastel colors you have used. I hope you get feeling better soon.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure hope you're feeling better. What an adorable card Holly. Such a darling image and fabulous papers. Hurry up and get better!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget