Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Ta Dah!

Sooo, a quick post tonight . . . I have finally finished my dress for my friend, Mandy's, wedding at the end of the month:



What do you think?

I made this using a Project Runway pattern which came free with Sew magazine a couple of issues back.  The fabric I bought from my local market in Leeds.  There is a stall in there that sells the most gorgeous fabrics.

Due to my odd shape, I had to add to add extra darts and some extra pleats, but I am very proud of myself as it fits pretty perfectly - as always, it looks better on that it does on the hanger.

I just have to make a petticoat to go under it now (it doesn't NEED one, but I think I would like one) and find some shoes.  I got a pretty fascinator/hat thingy from BHS when I went shopping with my friend, Liz last week.

I have been busy sewing, so I do have more to show you, but that is all for tonight.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget