Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Tantrum

Sooo, I have finally got my cardmaking mojo back (still busy sewing, but once again enjoying making cards) and over the bank holiday weekend I have been a little busy.

The first card I would like to show you is the card I made for my eldest niece's birthday, which is today:



The image is a Lili of the Valley one - one of their die cuts, which are now unfortunately discontinued, but apparently are available on their ebay outlet store while stocks last.

Anyway, I thought the image was too perfect for Georgia.

I made her an easel card, as she seems to like these.  The papers are from my stash - they will probably have been a freebie.  I distressed the edges with victorian velvet.

Anyway, I layered the image onto some purple mulberry paper, then onto some vellum-style paper.  I attached this at an angle over some flocked purple paper.  I'm not too sure how I ended up with my colour scheme - it just kind of happened.

The card strip which keeps the easel up was also from my stash, and I attached it using sticky pads to give it dimension.

The flowers are from my stash - I bought a huge box of them on ebay a couple of months ago and I love these colours.  The butterfly on the bottom also came in this box.

I personalised the card by adding 'Georgia' in gold sparkly letters and a pink sparkly '8'.  I also added a gold ribbon with a rose in the centre.  

I really like this card.  I think it i very pretty, but not too girly, as she is 8 now don't you know, so things can't be too girly.

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, I sure your niece will love it. I have this image as a rubber stamp and love it. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, I am sure your niece will be over the moon to get it! A lovely entry for the TIOT challenge, thanks for playing along! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I think Georgia will absolutely love it - especially as her name is on it! Perfect! Glad you shared it with us as TioT. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget