Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Candle Stamping

Sooooo, I actually posted about this a while ago, but have somehow managed to delete the post!!!! I'm still trying to figure out how (and when for that matter) I managed to do this and wondering why in the name of Our Lord Sandra blogger doesn't have a recycle bin, thereby making me write this all over again, and I can't remember what I wrote first time round.

Anyway, today, for the second time, I would like to share with you a present I made for my friends, Mandy and Danny, for their recent wedding:




How gorgeous is this candle?

I followed the instructions on the Lili Of The Valley tutorials page and used the 'I Do' stamp from LOTV.


I then decided to personalise it on the back using the same technique.  I stamped their names and the date of the wedding.  

I stuck  with a blue theme, as that was the theme for their wedding.

I then decorated the candle with ribbon, flat backed pearls (which took some sticking to a candle) and a sparkly blue butterfly, as butterflies was also a theme for the wedding.


I then wrapped it up in some white tulle with a blue ribbon and blue flower.  

I am really proud of myself with this project, and I really enjoyed making it.  I'm going to make some for other occasions I think, with probably some advent candles for the nieces in the pipeline

I've put the wedding version in my Etsy shop, so you can now order one, two, many or lots.  The pretty wrapping is included and I can make them to suit any colour theme.

Happy Crafting!

Holly

xx

p.s. If you are wondering who Our Lord Sandra is, I highly recommend that you read a few of the Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging books by Louise Rennison.  Yes, they were not written for adults, but they are hilarious, and remember, Harry Potter wasn't written for adults either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget