Sunday, 16 June 2013

Happy Ever After

Sooooo, another card to share with you today:



This one was an order from the step-mother (non-wicked) for her niece's wedding in a couple of weeks.

My brief was that she wanted their names on the card and that was it really.

I knew the theme was blue, so decided to use that as my basis.

As is usual with my cards, this doesn't look at all like my original idea, but never mind.

I started by printing their names in blue on to a square piece of card, small enough to fit on my blank.


I then heat embossed the swirly heart, which was a stamp I got free, I think, with Cardmaking & Papercraft a while ago.  I then used the sentiment stamp from the same set, and stamped that in silver to match the heart.

I then set about decorating:

I lightly coloured the heart and flower in the sentiment with a blue watercolour pencil, adding blue glitter over the top of the heart and centre of the flower.  

To the left-hand side of the card, I added some blue organza ribbon and three blue organza bows.

I then added a blue heart to the bottom right hand corner with some clear gems.  I also added clear gems to the top right hand corner.  


To finish, I added my new liquid pearls all over the card, then matted it onto some blue pearlised card and then the card blank.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - Once Upon A Time (I have chosen to go with the end of that story and their happily ever after)
Papercrafting Journey - Pearls and Swirls (I have both - pearls all over and a swirly heart)

Anyway, I've just come back from taking this card to the step-mother (and taking my Pops his father's day card and present of course) and managed to get another order for this card while I was there - from their neighbour.  So, I'd best get on with that.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so elegant :)
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet looking card. Love the CAS look of it and the lovely stamp and embellishments. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice how you used only blue and white in your card! Thanks for joining the Paper Crafting Journey Challenge.
    Hugs, Jacqueline DT-PCJC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget