Thursday, 20 June 2013

Mr & Mrs

Sooo, here is the other present I made for my friends, Mandy and Danny, who got married a few weeks ago.

I was hoping this was going to be a surprise for them both, but unfortunately, due to an accidental boo boo by the husband, Mandy saw it via Facebook a week or so before the wedding.

Never mind, I had made the, another present too, so they did get a surprise anyway.

Anyway, in a bored moment a couple of weeks ago, I came across a personalised wedding cushion on Not On The Highstreet with th surname  of the couple and year of the wedding, which I knew would be perfect for Mandy and Danny, as Mandy can be quite sentimental about these things and couldn't wait to get married and be Mrs Bowley.  However, the cushion in question was £30.  Now, Mandy and Danny are more than worth that to me, as they have been good friends pretty much from the moment we met, but I am totally and utterly brassic at the moment, and couldn't afford that.  So, I thought I would have a go at making one myself:



And how simple they are to make too.  All you need is a cushion, an inkjet printer and some transfer paper.  Oh, and an iron.

The only problem I really had is trying to get the letters to stick.  I'm thinking my iron may not have been hot enough, so I need a new one.  They did stick in the end though, it just took a while and a few attempts.  

I've put this in my Etsy Shop, and I can make them in many cushion colours.  I can also change the colour of the writing, but I am a huge fan of the ivory and black combination.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget