Thursday, 13 June 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 119 (July)

Sooooo, sorry that this seems to be turning into a review week  Apologies, but I have much to show you next week and the week after.

Anyway, today's review is the latest issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft, which I think should be in the shops now.  This issue comes with a sweet Holly Hobbie stamp set, and as always, the first project in this issue shows you how to use them to make some pretty cards and wrapping.

10 Ideas With Ribbons has some gorgeous cards, using ribbon as a basis.  My favourites are the deckchair in Hello Sunshine, the Beach Huts and the flop flops in Beach Bum.

Just Gorjuss has some amazing cards using stamps and kits from Gorjuss.  I love these images and really need to get my hands on some of their stamps.  This project shows you how to use both one of their kits and how to paper piece with one of their stamps.  

Quick makes has some gorgeous floral and butterfly-themed cards, along with a pretty sea-side inspired card.

Girlie & Gorgeous makes use of some of the new Penny Black stamps, and they really are girly and gorgeous.  I now want ALL of the stamps featured.  Again, some of these are paper-pieced and all are really pretty.

I like the pop-up cards Sharon Armstrong has created in Up, Up And Away, with a balloon and kite theme . These would be great for kids or adults alike, especially those that are still children at heart.  The Masterclass has step by step instructions.  In fact, if I find time at the weekend, I think I might have a go at one of these.  Maybe it will kick-start my cardmaking mojo again.  It has certainly been missing recently.

I also like some of the cards in In Full Bloom, which is the Chic & Thrifty project this week.  These all look pretty simple to make but are really effective.  My favourite has to be Birthday Wishes, which is just so pretty with pink and yellow simple flowers.  

II read with interest the feature on Kathering Gray, who not only makes cards for charity, but also chopped off her hair for the Little Princess Trust, who are a charity who make wigs for children who have lost their hair. I also did this a few months ago, chopping off the hair I had grown for my wedding.  I did have a photo of the hair I had cut off, but I seem to have lost it.  I would encourage anyone who is thinking of a drastic hairstyle change to donate their cut off hair to a charity such as this.  

Other projects include:
  • Floral Symphony has some lovely punched flower cards
  • 5 Ideas For Garden Parties
  • 6 Ways With Watercolours
  • Sumer Brights has some paper lanterns, lit with electric tea lights
  • Leonie Pujol love Altered Jewellery
  • 1 Sketch 3 Ways features those cutie Forever Friends
  • Crafters Guide to Magic Moldable Foam Stamps
  • 3 Ideas For Top Teachers
  • 10 Minute Makes Are Thinking of You
  • Upcycle Your Cork Coasters


Giveaways this issue are:
  • Cricut Mini
  • All Sewn Up! goody bag from Sarah Hurley
  • House of Boxes from STORE
  • Summer Garden goodies from Pergamano
  • Fizzy Moon card pack (subscribers only)
  • Cupcake Boutique set (subscribers only)
  • Woodware stencils and inks


The next issue is out on 11th July and comes with a luxury paper pack.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget