Monday, 10 June 2013

Review: PaperCrafter - Issue 62

Sooooo, this issue hit the shops on Friday and comes with the usual kit and papers.  This issue also comes with a decoupage kit and some clear acrylic stamps as part of the kit.

On a first, quick, look through this issue, I didn't thin there was too much in it that I would be interested in, but on looking through it properly when I had a bit more time, I found an abundance of projects that I like.

I like the cards featured in the Contemporary Cards feature.  The majority of these have beautiful clean lines, but are brightly coloured and look pretty simple to make.

I also like the Hearts & Flowers Wreath.  As the magazine states, this would make an amazing wedding decoration, but I am now out of weddings to attend until next year.  Reading the instructions, it seems pretty simple to make, but looks really effective and can be adapted to any wedding colour scheme.  They can be made with the paper book which comes with the magazine, or any papers really.  I would only say that double sided papers would be best for this.

I like the idea of the paper beads, which can be used to make jewellery or to decorate cards.

I adore the look of the origami paper bouquet in Craft School.  My only problem (and this is a common one with me) is that is made from book papers, and I could never every cut up a book I don't think.  I may try it with some pretty patterned papers instead.

I also adore the hot air balloon mobile. which I think would be perfect to decorate a kid's bedroom.  They would also be easy to adapt to suit any colour scheme for said room.

They would go amazingly well with the nursery decorations, which include gorgeous name in a frames and butterfly and bird decorations to pretty up any room.

I like the paper fascinator in this issue, but I can't get over the thought that it is paper, and beautiful as it is, we live in the UK and you can hope all you want that the day of the wedding will be gloriously sunshiney, but the likelihood is that it will rain, and then the paper fascinator will be no more.  It is pretty though, and if the wedding were in a nice warm country, then it would be perfect.

Other projects include:
  • colourful cards made using just the kit
  • everything you need for a circus-themed soiree, including invites, favour cones, place cards, bunting, treat holders and a cupcake stand
  • framed bird and other decopatch projects
  • stamped and inked cards, gift tags, paper chains, gift wrap and a notebook
  • handmade lampshades
  • crafter's guide to stamping techniques
  • a scrapbooking layout.

Giveaways this issue are:

  • tickets to the Young At Heart show at Alexandra Palace
  • ribbons from The Little Wool Company
  • Make Your Own Paper Dolls kit
  • goodies from DaistTrail
  • tickets from The Chilterns Craft Show
  • book, The Book of Animals, from Kidsonroof.


The next issue is out on 12th July and comes with a sea-side themed kit.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget