Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Bugaboo

Soooo, it's Wednesday again, which means that it is time for another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and this week we are once again sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps:



Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!
If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps stamps at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug.


And here is this week's sketch:


And my offering for the week:


It seems that my crafting mojo finally wants to stay about for a bit, even if it is just messing about rather than doing anything too constructive.  This card arose from a bit of messing about and trying out some new techniques, although they may not be considered 'real' techniques.  For example, I'm pretty sure that Liquid Pearls was never intended to be used to colour in an image, as I have done here.  The whole unicorn body is one big mass of liquid pearls, but I really like the effect.
For the whole of the colouring in of this image, I have not used what would be considered a 'proper' medium - the mane and tail are coloured in with glitter gel pens, only usually used for adding a little detail.  You can't tell too much from the pictures, but they are really glittery and sparkle so prettily.  The flowers are coloured in the same and the horn is coloured using a silver (non-glittery) gel pen.
I coloured my image and then die-cut with an oval die.  I then drew around the edge of the oval with a glittery silver gel pen - gel pens were really my favourite medium on the day I made this!
The papers are from a Dovercraft Princess Fairytale pack, which I love, but never really find much cause to use, so I loved that I could use them on this.  Again, I used a silver gel pen to draw around the semi circles, just to highlight them a little.
I used some sheer purple organza ribbon and some thinner silver glittery ribbon from my stash and to finish off I used some padded metallic stars and hearts that I came across when I was having a tidy up of my stash.  Isn't it amazing what you find when you just tidy up?!
Anyway, I hope you like it.  I am very glad I bought the Liquid Pearls and shall my using them for many projects in the future, and not just for the usual dabbing, but maybe for some more colouring-in too.
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Holly this is a really cute card, I know it's a unicorn but remind's me of my little pony. Love your pretty colours and those lovely added embellishments. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card this week Holly. I like the muted colors and your embellishments really worked. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, I love how you have done your horse with the liquid Pearl. It is such a nice effect. Your Your heart and star embellishments are such a cute addition too.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and whimsical card!! Love ite!! Love all your added shimmer and sparkle!! Very sweet sentiment too!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so magical and so beautiful! I would never have thought to use liquid pearls to color anything in, but I love it!! The hearts and stars are the perfect finishing touch!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a magical looking card. Super work this week with the sketch. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful Holly! I love the swirls of liquid pearls! And your embellies are spot on.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget