Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Digistamp Boutique

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for another challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week we are sponsored by our regular sponsor:



All images/designs are created and copyright owned bySally-Ann Hancock. My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too - often the inspiration for my designs. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy creating.

And here is this week's sketch:



I'm glad to say that my cardmaking mojo finally seems to be making a bit of a comeback.  I've taken about a week off sewing, and it seems to be helping.  I'm thinking I was just trying to do too much at once and something was bound to give.  It's like A-Level maths all over again!!!!!

Anyway, here is my offering for this week:



I made this using Winston Birthday, coloured with distress and memento inks.  

I love the backing paper I used on this card.  It is from a paper pack in my stash.  I was thinking of saving it and using it as a fireworks/bonfire night or new years paper, but I think it is perfect for this card/

The sentiment is from a pack I got with an old issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft, which I have recently rediscovered and putting to good use.  I was originally going to go with something about an old bird, or along t hose line, but then I found this sentiment and the balloon on it made me go down a bit of a different route.  It ties everything in with the image.  

The ribbon is from my stash, as are the three glittery pompoms.  I really struggled to find something to go in this top corner as my original choice of a sparkly party hat I had in my stash turned out to be too big, so cue about an hour of searching through my stash for something to go, and I came across these, which I had honestly forgotten I had.  I have a box full of them in various colours and sizes.  I really should have a proper clear out and organise.  I have my Pops and Uncle Pete (who is also my Godfather, so should look after me) on the task of finding me boxes to organise all my bits and bobs in, instead of having everything in random jars.  Between them, they will be able to find me something I am sure.

Anyway, everything was then stuck to a red blank.

I am also going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Glitter & Sparkle - 3 of something (I have three pom poms and three main colours - red white and blue)

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



7 comments:

  1. Love your card Holly - the Pom Poms are perfect with your DP - remind me of Fireworks =)
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, yes I agree, sometimes our lives can get too busy. I love your sweet image and your added little pom poms...sooo cute. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, my mother use to say sit down take a deep breath and smell the roses and now I know what she meant. Such a cute image this week and love your pom poms. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting idea to use pom poms as embellishments Holly. They make me think of firecracker explosions! Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Holly, absolutely adorable!! Love that paper, perfect for a birthday celebration. And the pom poms are fabulous too.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, love the colors and your pom embellishments. Have a super weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute and the sparkly pom-poms really set off all of the colors too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget