Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Stamp n Doodle

Sooooo, it's Wednesday, which means time for another challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and this week we are sponsored by Lynne at Stamp N Doodle:



I started Stamp-n-doodle with rubber images about 6 years ago and have expanded into Clipart, Digital images, and scrapbooking. I am am also an exclusive designer for cards, etc. on Craftsuprint. Stamp-n-doodle is an online only digital/rubber stamp, scrapbooking, & clipart web store along with our challenge Blog (Blog-a-doodle). Whether you only want to create on your computer or combine your creations with traditional items, Stamp-n-doodle has it all.


And the prize this week is two free images for the best card made using this week's sketch:



And here is my offering this week:





I coloured the image using promarkers. 

Unusually for me, I chose the papers before doing my colouring, as I was really struggling with this one this week.  I have a lot on the old mind at the moment, and I think it might be affecting my creativity.  Hopefully, this is just a little blip and once I settle into my new job and sort out my annoying health issues (nothing major- just little niggly things) I will be fine and creativity will return.

Anyway, all papers are from Dovecraft and I edged everything with dusty concord distress ink.

The ribbon and stars are all from my stash.  In fact, the little stars were an extra present' from my Auntie Jacky for my wedding - they were in my present, in my card and in my hair when she just 'sprinkled' (i.e. dumped) a bag of sparkles over me instead of confetti at the wedding.  Six months later, I am still finding random sparkles.  I think they are breeding and trying to make a run for it!  I got my own back on her birthday last month though when I made her this card and filled it with stars, in fact returning some of the ones that she had kindly given me.  I hope they have bred and she is still finding them.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz - Lots of Layers

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Holly really cute card and this is such a sweet image, love your pretty pastel design papers and great embellishments. Take care and have a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start feeling better soon. My creativity is definitely affected by feeling poorly. Your card is cute. Love all the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Holly, It will be halloween before we know it. I love your papers and color scheme. Have a great week. Get feeling better.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute - love the fun image and all the polka dot papers!!
    Feel better!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this turned out, what a great iamge and super color combo. Have a fantastic weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Holly! Love your colors. And I laughed at your story about the stars confetti!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun Halloween card and the colors and papers you chose are perfect! Take care!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget