Friday, 26 July 2013

French Beaded Flower

Sooooo, this is my first completed project from the Crafty Creatives box I got at the weekend (please see Tuesday's post to find out all about this).

This was the first project that caught my eye when I opened the box and I just had to make it.

It looks really complicated, and the instructions in the box warn that it takes a while to make, but it is well worth it.


From the Crafty Creatives box I needed a pack of seed beads (I chose to use the purple) and the 0.4mm florist wire.

I must admit, I was a bit confused when I first read the instructions, but then I noticed that Crafty Creatives has a YouTube channel which has video tutorials for their projects.  Here is the video tutorial for the french beaded flowers.  Once I watched this, it all became so much clearer and, other than a little time consuming (I'm sure I will get faster with practice), these pretty flowers are actually quite simple to make.

First, you have to make the petals.  Starting this was where I had first struggled, as I didn't realise you had to string all the beads onto the wire first.  The video tutorial cleared this up for me.  The instructions warn that this is time consuming, but I found that it didn't take nearly as much time as I had thought.


Once this was done, I made the petals.  They need making individually, but are all made from the beads already strung on to the wire.  Here is my first attempt:


I made five petals in total.  I found that each one I made was bigger than the last.  I realised this at the fourth petal and made the fifth one a bit smaller.  You can see in the picture below that I had done this.  This is them in order from left to right:


Once I had done the petals, I made three stamens from some of the blue beads in the box.  These are made simply by using five beads and twisting them into, effectively, a ball.

sorry the picture is blurry - I just couldn't get the camera to focus

I then arranged the stamens, twisting them together and then arranges the petals around the outside of the stamens, twisting the wires together with the wires of the stamens.

Once I had finished the flower, I decided to attach it onto a blank hair slide, which was also in the Crafty Creatives box.  The slide was actually for another project, but I decided that I would prefer to use it to make this gorgeous flower into a hair slide for myself.


I think I could develop quite an addiction to make these.  I think I shall make a blue one next and buy myself some more beads in many different colours.

I'm going to try some of the other projects from my Crafty Creatives box at the weekend.  I can't wait!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget