Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Milk n Coffee

Sooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week we are sponsored by the lovely peeps over at Milk N Coffee:



MilkCoffee Stamps is a digital image shop specialized in cute and girly images.There are 2 people behind this shop, Esmeralda and Nathaza. We are best buddies from our childhood with a common thing that we love so much: drawing. What we try to do is drawing various styles that suits different kind of tastes, so a lot of people with different style can still play along with our image for their cards.
Right now we have 8 talented DT ladies who always help us to have fun together with our weekly challenge at our challenge blog here. Also we have monthly colour challenge at our main blog. You can check it here. It's very nice to see a lot of people join and have fun at our challenge.
In the future we still want to make more cute images that is loved and used happily by many people.

And we have a great and easy to use sketch for you this week:



Now, first off, I have to say that I love this sketch - I think it is easy to use and the creations by the rest of the team are amazing, but I have to be honest . . . I don't like my card.  I like all the elements of it, but in my head it was supposed to look very different to the finished product:



I don't think it helps that I took the picture using the camera on my phone and it always takes photos quite dark.  I can't figure out why or how to fix it.

Normally, I would make another card if the one I have made is a bit rubbish, but I had my nieces all weekend and they sleep in my craft room, so I couldn't get in there to redo.  I cannot object to having the nieces though - they are as good as gold for me.   I also have my sewing machine out at the moment making myself a dress, so cardmaking is a bit difficult without packing everything else up.  The dress just needs hemming now, which I can do by hand, so the sewing machine will be put away and cardmaking can once again resume - I think I am going to make a start on my Christmas cards.

Anyway, enough of my moaning.  As I've already said, I love the different elements of my card.

The image I have used is darling and I used a mixture of inks and promarkers to colour it in.  I then die-cut it to a scalloped circle and added some faux fur stitching with a red fineliner in a circle.

My paper, which I love, is from a set I got free with a magazine, but I can't remember which, and the ricrac was from my stash. 

Happy Crafting!

Holly
x

6 comments:

  1. I don't think your card is "rubbish" at all. I like the red ric-rac and the red circle around the image. If I'm going to be honest here too ... I wasn't crazy about my card either. I think it was the yellow on MY card that was bugging me. Oh well, both of us will live to create another day. Enjoy your nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I love your red and white color combo. The ric rac is such a great idea to use. I think you you are a little hard on yourself. Your card turned out really cute!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card Holly! It really is wonderful. Such great colors and I love the ric rac. Enjoy your time with your nieces.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the ric rac sure does set this little sweetie of an image off perfectly! Have fun with your nieces!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly very cute card, I love this wee image it's just so sweet, and I love the use of the Ric Rac behind your image. Very pretty colours. Take care and hope your having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too hard on yourself Holly - I love your card - especially the ric rac!! How much fun for you to have your neices over, hope you had a wonderful visit with them!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget