Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Paper Addictions

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and  this week we have a good sketch for you to try your hand at using:



This week we are sponsored by Jackie at Paper Addictions:

My name is Jacqueline Mathews and I am a crafter and designer.  I love paper, pens, doodling, stamping and above all designing.  I have a degree in fine arts with an emphasis in graphic design.  I worked in the graphic design industry for many years and quit 15 years ago to become a stay at home mom for my 3 kids.  Now that the kids are older and don’t need me as much, I am reinventing myself and have decided that I wanted to create my own line of digital stamps.  I have dabbled in rubber stamping and became a “Stampin’ up!” demonstrator and had a blast, but thought it would be more fun to create my own stamps.  I decided digital was the way to go.  It is affordable for the customer and for the designer.  I now have a digital stamp shop on Etsy called “PaperAddictions”.  I would love to create my own line of rubber stamps someday, but for now I am testing my designs out in my shop to see if anyone likes them.  I am pleasantly surprised that I have gotten a good response to the images I have designed so far.  This positive response has motivated me to create more images in the future.


And we have and amazing prize of 5 free digis from Paper Addictions for the Grand Prize winner.

I thought this week's sketch was great to use.  My youngest niece (aged 5), who stopped with me at the weekend, helped me to create my card for this week:


I coloured my image using water colour pencils, but didn't add any water, so they just have a pencil coloured look.  I then die-cut my image into a circle and then layered it onto a scalloped circle die-cut from orange card I found in my stash.  

My coloured card stash is starting to run very low, so I need to stock up.  Does anyone have any recommendations for decent quality card, not too expensive?

Anyway, before I go off on a tangent, the backing paper, which I love, is from a Papercrafter paper pack I think, which I layered onto some more orange card.  I also used some orange grosgrain ribbon, topped with some yellow gingham ribbon, both from my stash.


To finish my card, I used a yellow flower from my stash and a tag from my stash, which I think went perfectly with my colour scheme and brought everything together.

I really enjoyed doing this week's card, and it was nice to have the help me.  She only comes to my house so she can make a mess in my craft room - she even has her own box of crafting goodies!

I can't wait to see what everyone else creates this week.

Good luck!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

6 comments:

  1. Holly, your papers are perfect with your darling little flowers. I love your embellishments too. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy fun card. The papers are just perfect. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors this week Holly. I love that little yellow flower too. It just looks "happy" on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly sorry I'm late commenting but I've been away with my family for a few days break before the boys go back to school this coming week. Love your sweet card this is a cute image and I love your colours and design papers used and your embellishments work perfectly together. One of those great cards you can use for anything. Take care and hope you've having a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such happy little flowers sure to brighten up someone's day!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Holly. Such a cheery image and I LOVE the sweet little yellow buttercup flower you added!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget