Friday, 23 August 2013

A Bit of Bias

Sooo, today I thought I would share with you a little hobby I have developed should a moment of boredom present itself.  Admittedly, this doesn't happen very often, but I have managed to make a few bits and I have more waiting to be finished.  I've even used some of what I've made on a shower cap I made.  Unfortunately, I can't find a decent picture of the shower cap, but this is the binding I made for it.




I don't know why I seem to be keeping so much mystery to this . . . I am only making a bit of bias binding.

more binding, as yet waiting for a project
This is a great way to use up those bits of fabric that are too small to make any further clothes from.  Now, the only problem is that I don't have one of those fancy bias binder maker machines, so I have to iron it all by hand.  I do have a binding tool folds it for you whilst you iron the fabric, but it still involves ironing, which is still a dangerous hobby as far as I am concerned.  Touch wood, I've not burnt myself yet, but one of those machines is on my wish list.

I'm still considering whether this will be worth adding as a line to my Etsy shop or not yet?

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget