Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Crafty Creatives - Box 14

Sooooo, how excited was I when my Crafty Creatives box was ready for collection from the sorting office - thank god for late night sorting office opening on a Wednesday!  It seems to have been a loooong month this month.

Anyway, this is my first 'usual' box - My first box was the birthday box, which was different to the normal boxes.  

The theme this month is 'Western', so is full of all things related to Cowboys and Indians.

First up, I love the paper that the crafty goodies are wrapped in - I will be putting that to great use.




There is a stunning Art Card, drawn by Anastasia Alexandrin from Philadephia.  Mine will be getting a simple frame and put on the wall of my craft room.  

I could be tempted the use the 1m of suedette floral cut trim, which is also in the kit, to trim the frame.  Or I could find a million other uses for it.  For example, I am looking for some new denim shorts for my upcoming holidays, and this would made a great trim for them.  Or, I could use it on some of my cards, or many other things.



My favourite item has to be the 5 feather charms.  These are silver coloured with pretty turquoise stone (my birthstone).  I am fully intending to make these into a pair of earrings and a necklace.  They will make a lovely present for a friend's upcoming birthday.  In fact, I have just got off ebay ordering some silver jump rings, as I have run out.  I don't think she reads my blog, so I don't think she will figure this out.

Staying on the charm theme (kind of), there is also a bear fetish pendant.  Not entirely sure what I am going to do with this yet.  Again, I could make it into a necklace for a present, or it could make a cool charm for one of my cards or other makes.

There are also some bronze star studs.  The CC facebook page suggest adding these to some denim, but I have other plans for mine.  These are currently top secret, but I will share with you once my project is done.

top to bottom:
denims (sorry the light one doesn't show up very well), felt and papers


There is also a string of turquoise beads.  I might use these to make my feather charm necklace.  There is some lovely printed fleece, which I am not sure what I am going to do with yet.  The 'what's in the box card' suggests making a phone case, which sounds like a bon et marvy idea to me.  There is also two pieces of recycled denim - one light, one dark - which I am still thinking about, and two sheets of printed craft paper which I am sure I can find a use for.

Finally, there are two kits in this box - first up a mini rope basket kit.  I will no doubt make mine up and use it as some crafty storage on my work desk.  The kit contains the rope you need and a needle and thread.


There is also a dreamcatcher kit, which contains a metal ring, suedette lace (thick and thin), embroidery thread, feathers and wooden beads.  Oh, and of course all the instructions needed to make your dreamcatcher.

I can't wait to get started on my projects for using up this box.  Until then, it can sit on my workdesk and I can admire it.

I also now can't wait for the next one and would advise anyone even in the slightest bit crafty to sign up (here), as these really are inspiration boxes.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget