Saturday, 3 August 2013

Pippa Rose

Soooo, today I want to share with you a card I actually made a while ago, but for some reason never blogged about, and I have no idea why because it is just so pretty.



This is a card I made for my friend when she had her little girl, Pippa Rose, back in April.  Seems so long ago now when I say that, but at the same time it still seems like only yesterday.  Yet, my friend seemed to be pregnant forever!!!

To make this card, I used a pink blank (girl, so obviously pink) and layers it up with some pink spotty paper from my stash.  I think this may have been a digi paper, but I can't remember where it came from.

I used a Lili of the Valley die-cut, which I got on my last trip to the shop, and is just so pretty.  I layered this onto some gauze (also from my last trip to the LOTV shop) and added some pink teddy ribbon from my stash along the bottom.

I then printed Pippa's name in black straight onto the dotty paper.  I do adore her name - it is so pretty (but she is more likely to get called Pip-Pop, which I suppose is an improvement on 'Crab', which her big brother wanted to call her!).  I also love the name 'Rose'.  I wonder if that is because my favourite Disney film is Sleeping Beauty (who I have been doing an amazingly good impression of lately - I'm sure living on Lucozade and Caffiene until I get my next B12 injection can't be that good for me, but never mind).

Finally, in honour of her name, I added three small paper roses from my stash.

I just think this card is so pretty, and I have added the stamp from LOTV to my wishlist (along with most of the rest of their stamps!).

Anyway, I shall be entering this card into the following challenges:
Allsorts Photo Inspiration

Allsorts - Photo inspiration - I have chosen to be inspired by the candy pink
Totally Papercrafts - Inspired by a Song - I am inspired by Rock-A-Bye-Baby
CRAFT Challenge - Monochromatic  - I have only used pink

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very sweet card. Thank you for joining us with the Lili's Little Fairies challenge.

    Hugs, Nanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely sweet card, thanks for playing along with us at TPC and CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card for a newborn. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Photo Inspiration challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love the teddy ribbon, thanks for playing at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cute image and teddy bear border and what a lovely name-my daughter is exactly the same when she needs her vit b injection can sleep for England lol-thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.this week
    Carol GDT(Aug)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card thanks for sharing with us at Craft this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget