Friday, 16 August 2013

Review: Papercrafter - Issue 64

Soooo, it was nice to get my subscription copy of Papercrafter on Wednesday.  It had taken me an hour and a half to get home (20 minute journey if I have the car and drive myself, but I was on the bus, which was late as it is) so I needed something nice when I walked through the door, and I knew that I didn't have any chocolate.  So feeling slightly (a lot) downcast and not expecting my magazine to arrive until  tomorrow, falling over it as I tried to get through the door was a nice surprise. 

So this issue comes with the usual kit, which this time is Christmas themed anc contains the usual papers, chipboards and card blanks etc., some snow flakes, ribbon, lace and some heart-shaped doilies.

This issue seems to be a Christmas and origami special.  Not the two combined though, so there are still plenty of non-Christmas projects to keep you occupied if you think it is still that little bit too early to be thinking about Christmas.

The first project is the Papercrafter Showcase, which has lots of ideas for using your kit.  There is a doily bunting, which uses my favourite thing from the kit - the heart doilies, some decorations, some gorgeous origami bows, which I want to have a go at (and if successful will be found on all my Christmas presents this year), a wreath, gift boxes (again which I might try and if successful employ in my Christmas wrapping) and a card.

The Origami Special feature has some origami essentials, including the most popular bases, and some great projects.  One of my favourites has to be the flying hearts, but there are also butterflies, lights and mini wreaths.  There is also an origami mobile in Craft School.

Frilly Looks puts the heart doilies from the kit to god use, including a floral bouquet. pocket pouch, canvas and table runner.  These are perfect if you are looking for a slightly vintage feel to your decorations.

Other projects this issue include:

  • Feminine Embellishments has some teabag folding designs
  • practice your paper cutting with a Beautiful Bird Frieze
  • Luxe Spa Set shows you how to decorate your gifts
  • 8 Christmas Gems has Christmas cards, as does Seasons Greetings and Festive Joy
  • Floral Fancies shows you how to use stencils
  • Paper Bag Lanterns
  • Anniversary Scrapbook layout
  • Crafter's Guide to Grunge Paste


Giveaways this issue include:
  • Paper lantern kits
  • Scotch glue goodies
  • Ananya cards
  • Kyleigh's Papercuts goodies
  • tickets to GNPE (which I might be going to)
  • Hougie board and accessories.

The next issue is the Christmas special and is on sale on 20th September 2013.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget