Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Bugaboo Stamps

Soooo, Wednesday has rolled around again, which means that it is time for a new challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week we are sponsored by (drum roll please):




Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!
If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps stamps at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug.
Our links are:
Store : http://www.bugaboostamps.com/
Catch the bug Challenge blog: http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/

And we have an amazing sketch for you to create with this week, designed by Arlana: 



The grand prize is 7 free digistamps from the Bugaboo store.

Anyway, without further ado, here is my creation:


I have made this with my gramps in mind, as it is his birthday soon, but whether he gets this card or not remains to be seen.  As is usually the case with me, I might make him another, or I might sell this one and need to make another.

I thought this image was perfect for my gramps.

I coloured him in with promarkers and backed him onto some red paper.  All papers are from a Wellington pack, which I often forget I have, but is always trustily there for man cards.

The blue twine is actually some wool I had lying around on my craft desk.

I struggled with the embellishments this week and could find no inspiration in my stash, so I cut a strip of the red stripey paper into squares.

I can't wait to see what you all create this week.

Happy Crafting!

Holly

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous, absolutely fabulous!! Your Grandpa will love it! Gus certainly does make me laugh! Those papers are perfect and those squares along the side are oh so clever.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Gus not the best or what?!! I can't decide who I like better, Stella or Gus!! Great card this week.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly your idea with the squares for the embellishments are perfect. What a great idea. I am sure your grandfather will love this card. And, Gus is so funny....what not to like. :) Super cute card!! Have a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gus is just a crack up and your Gramps will adore it! Great colors and papers too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super fun! Your Gramps will get a kick out of this card. Love the striped paper. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly, sorry I think I'm loosing the plot, I thought I had already commented on everyone's cards last week. Love your super cute card, your colours are perfect together and this would make one amazing masculine card. I've used this image a few times now and everyone always love their cards. This is a darling card especially with such a cute Bugaboo image. Take care hope your week is going well for you?
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image - hillarious!! I love your papers and the strip used for embellishments fits the card perfectly!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget