Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Deirdre Mosher Designs

Sooooo, it is Wednesday, and that means that it is time for a new challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.



This week we are sponsored by, a new designer to me, Deirdre Mosher Designs:

Deidre Mosher Bio
Wildly Whimsical and Seriously Sassy Art is definitely a trademark of Deidre Mosher.

I have been in the business of art for over 25+ years. Starting out as a fashion illustrator, moving into Art Direction, where I did everything from print to TV...and eventually I found my way back to illustration. My art is just plain fun and my love of color is clearly evident in the designs I create. I'm currently licensed with a variety of companies...my designs are used on craft products, greeting cards/paper products, kitchenware, business products and such.
I am first and foremost an...Illustrator and Designer. I am inspired by seriously sassy & bold colors, but also love the 'wow factor' of classic black and white designs. I'm crazy for stripes and dots, and they are a repeated theme in my work.
As an Illustrator, I work in many mediums and styles, ranging from the line art to pastels...having fun adapting them to the latest project. I am inspired by some my favorite artists ...Matisse's use of bold color, Klimt's knowledge of figures and lavish attention to detail, and Gauguin's wild approach to his subjects. They are all so 'awe inspiring'! I'm happiest when I am in my studio and starting a new project...making a mess, experimenting...and even throwing paint. 
Any day in the studio is a great day! 

I usually get an idea when I least expect it...so when the 'light bulb' goes off...I sketch and sketch and sketch...(hence the reason I buy tracing paper in bulk). I always begin with a pencil and paper, and it evolves from there. My favorite part of the process?? EVERYTHING...from beginning to end.

And the prize this week is a $10 gift certificate for the Deirdre Mosher shop.

We have a great sketch this week, which I think is super easy to use for all.  You will see from the other DT designs that we have all used it very differently for our cards:



I loved my image this week and although I did wrack my brains a little trying to figure out what to do with it, I have had loads of inspiration.  First off, I went to the seaside (Bridlington on the East Coast) with my Pops, Step-Mother (non-wicked) and the nieces at the weekend, which the image was perfect for.  My second lot of inspiration came from a dress that I am currently making for my big sister, which to me is very much a mermaid dress and just inspires pictures of the sea and beach.  The dress will be up on my other blog, Teapots & Trantrums, when it is finished (hopefully at the weekend once I have got some orders out of the way).  In fact, I have used some of the left-over fabric from the dress on the card:



All in all, it meant that my original idea went totally out of the window, but that is nothing new with me is it?

So, I coloured my image with promarkers and cut the sentiment off the bottom and moved it to the side.  I then added some blue stickles to the bubbles on the card.

My main backing paper is from the last issue of Papercrafter, which had a nautical theme kit.  The other patterned paper is from my stash and I don't know where it came from originally.  Finally, the sparkly backing (although it doesn't look anywhere near as sparkly as it actually is) is a piece of the iridescent chiffon I am using on my sister's dress, wrapped around a piece of white card.  How gorgeous is the colour?  Backed onto some gold satin it is (I hope) going to look amazing).

The blue ribbon and bow is from my stash and the little fish (how cute are they) are from the same Papercrafter kit as the main backing paper.

I think, altogether, you really could think that you are under the sea.

Why not head on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and have a go at using the sketch yourself?  I can't wait to see what you create.

I'm going to be entering my card into the following challenges:
Glitter N Sparkle - Summer Holiday
A Gem of a Challenge - Summer
Totally Gorjuss - Hot Hot Hot
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - Summer Fun

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



11 comments:

  1. What a clever idea to use fabric on a card. I've never thought to do and Lord knows I have a ton of the stuff! Cute this week Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was relaxing in a pool of water right now. She looks so relaxed. Your aqua blue papers are perfect. I love those littel fish and the use of the fabric. Such a great idea. Have a fabulous week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Holly, It's nice to visit your blog this week! I agree it is a clever idea to use the fabric on your card. I love the soft turquoise and seacfoam colors with your under water image. Love the added fish! Perfect for your creation. Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly

    What a wonderful card.

    Love the image and the addition of the wooden fish is a great touch.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Good luck

    Tracey DTxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly this is such a cute card this week I love what you did with the dress fabric and it was the perfect colour for your card, great image and I love those little fish, the perfect embellishment for your card. Take care and have a great week and weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet!! Love, love, love that you used material on your card. Talk about the most perfect colors too for under the sea. Love those fish embellies too. Again, so sweet!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The perfect colors of the ocean! Those adorable little fish couldn't be more perfect!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the image you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. super card love the fish embellishments
    thank you for join us this week atglitter n sparkle
    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute. Love the little fish buttons. Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  11. What perfect papers for this adorable image!! Love, love, love the fish buttons =)
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget