Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Stamp Fairy

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

This week we are sponsored by the lovely people over at Stamp Fairy, who happen to be one of my favourite digistamp companies.



"Stamp Fairy officially launched on November 5th 2010.  Gerda Burghardt, artist and owner, creates cute and whimsical digital images for the young and old, inspired by her life, love and 4 cute cats.  You will find adorable teddies bears, young boys and girls, fuzzy little bunnies and whimsical critters.   Please visit the store and browse StampFairy’s wonderful images.  We hope StampFairy’s images inspire YOUR creativity."

The prize this week is a $10 gift certificate. It is a great pity that I can't enter myself to win this great prize.



This is our lovely sketch this week - a little unusual, but I enjoyed the challenge it brought and there is so much scope using this and the paper combinations you can use:



So, anyway, this week has proved more successful than last and I have finally made a start  on my Christmas cards, and this has got me to make a start on Christmas in general.  I have a few projects I'm getting ready to start for Christmas and I have a bag of materials that is forever growing at the side of my desk just full of Christmas cardmaking and other making things.

I used Donny Angel for my card and coloured him with a mixture of distress inks and promarkers.  I also used a gold gel pen for the stars and some stickles glitter for the wings, as all wings should be sparkly!




I used a green blank and all the papers are from a Lili of the Valley paper pack - last year's Classic Christmas pad, which is still available.  I bought all three Christmas ones last year and they really were a great investment as I got loads of use out of them last year and there are still loads of sheets left, so will definitely be getting used this year, and maybe there will still be some left for next year.  My favourite has to be the 'Merry Christmas' paper as it totally gets rid of the need to put a sentiment on the card.



What I loved about this card is that I didn't have to break into a new paper sheet - I just used up some of last years's scraps. 

Anyway, the sketch calls for an embellishment on the top right hand side of the image, but as to add something there would cover up the biggest star on the image, I decided that I would like to use that star as my embellishment so to speak.  I think it has worked out quite well.


Finally, to finish, I added three small clear gems in the bottom left-hand corner as per the sketch.  I was going to use red ones, but mine seem to have done a runner.  My craft thinks have a habit of doing this when I want one, as yesterday's post proved . . . my hair still has a slight purple tint to it, but I think I am pulling it off well.

I think I need to get back into entering some challenges, so I will be entering this card into the following challenges:

Glitter & Sparkle - add some red
Challenges 4 Everbody - anything goes

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



9 comments:

  1. Yes, I was also excited at the prospect of getting rid of (er, using) all those little scraps of paper that you can't bear to throw away! Cute card this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coloring =) love your papers =) love your card!!!
    Such a darling Christmas card!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest card Holly,. Great job this week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly I do love your card this week it's one of my very favourite cards of yours. It such a great image for a Christmas card, love your papers as well. Take care wishing you a wonderful week and a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image - and you've coloured him so beautifully! I like how your stars go outside your die cut - I need to try this - it has such a great effect. Your card fits perfectly with our Add Some Red challenge at Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog - thanks for participating and best wishes in the draw.

    KT Fit Kitty, DT Glitter n Sparkle
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how absolutely precious Holly! Adorable image for sure. And those papers are perfect!! Great start on your Christmas cards. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What perfect holiday papers, so perfect to go with this adorable image. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great christmas card with such a cute image and perfect for our challenge this week at glitter n sparkle
    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable holiday card and all of the sparkle is just perfect too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget