Saturday, 7 September 2013

Cathy

Soooo, another one that I forgot to share.  I must have been having a more forgetful time than normal, and I'm forgetful at the best of times!!



Anyway, this was an order from my bestest customer, the step-mother (non-wicked) for her friend's birthday.  In case you can't figure it out, her name is Cathy, and that was all my brief was.

I love this card because, as Autumn approached, I love the colours - so warm and autumnal.

Anyway, I made this card by covering a blank with some swirly 'rusty' leaf paper.  I can't remember where this paper came from.

I then mounted some die-cut letters onto white card and faux stitched with brown around the edge.

I added some coordinating ribbon, which I think came with an old issue of Let's Make Cards, and a brown rose from my stash and voila, one card.  The step-mother seemed pleased with it, and she keeps ordering  cards from me, so I must be doing something right as far as she is concerned.

I want to enter this card into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations - Favourite Colour Combination (and this is definitely mine at this time of year)
The Crazy Challenge - Bingo (I have chosen the top row - swirls (on my paper), flowers and stitching)

Now, I'm going to do some cardmaking, as I have been working loads this week, which means typing loads, and my fingers (well knuckles) are actually aching from all the typing, so they can have a rest and do some crafting instead.  Does anyone else suffer from this, or is it something I should be slightly concerned about?  I also have a Christening tomorrow which I still need to make my card for, do my DT for Sweet Sketch Wednesday and make the step-mother's birthday card and a couple of orders from a friend . . .  busy, busy, busy.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



4 comments:

  1. lovely card! thank you for playing this weeks challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card love the paper choices. Thanks for joining us at Catch the bug for our anything goes challenge.

    Billie A
    http://stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card and thanks for sharing at Creative inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join joining our Sept Anything Goes Challenge at CTB! Hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget