Monday, 30 September 2013

Challenges4Everybody - Sherri Baldy Designs

Sooooo, hello.  Today I would like to share with you the DT card I have made for the new Anything Goes over at Challenges for Everybody, where we are sponsored by (new to me) Sherri Baldy Designs.  I think her images are so sweet that I will be using some more in the future.



I coloured my image using (my ever growing collection of) Promarkers and added stickles glitter to the fur.  I also added liquid pearls to any bits of snow and dotted liquid pearls around to represent falling snow.

I decided to go for non-traditional colours as I really wanted to use the Merry Magic papers.  So, I used pink and greens and then used a soft green card blank and pink card to border other pieces.

I based this card on the sketch from Sketch Saturday, turned on it's side.

The snowflake ribbon is from my stash and I am always looking for an excuse to use this ribbon..  I'm sure I'll change my mind when it starts to run out and try not to use it ever.

I didn't think that I had enough room for a sentiment on this card, so I used my trusty Lili Of The Valley tag sentiments, stamped using blank Versafine ink.  I love these sentiment tags as they always come through when I am struggling to find room.  I just struggle to decide which ones I actually want to use on each card.  I really want to get the non-Christmas tags from LOTV, but they always seem to be out of stock when I have a few spare pennies to get them *sad face*.  I added a little clear gem to look like it is holding them on.  I was going to add a bauble sticker from my stash, but it was too big.

I finished the card by adding a fair few embellishments.  The glittery presents in the bottom left hand corner are from a Merry Magic embellishment pack (so, in theory) coordinate with the papers.  The little pink gems in all available corners are from a Merry Magic gems pack.  I also added some little white snowflakes, which were in my stash.

I want to enter this card into the following challenges:


I think this card might end up with my youngest niece, as I've coloured it to look like her (although I don't think she is that angelic when she is talking!), and she is very much girly girl with a twist (i.e. she loves pretty dresses, as long as they match her wellies!), which I think this card is.  Of course, by Christmas, I will probably have made a million more for her.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

3 comments:

  1. Delightful card for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card with nontraditional colors. Love how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Christmas creation. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol GD x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget