Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Christenings

Sooooo, a couple of weeks ago I went to the Christening of my friends' little girl, Pippa.  It was an amazing day, with a lovely afternoon tea to follow the church, and I got to catch up with some old friends.  My big sister was Godmother and revelling in it.  Needless to say, the task of making Christening cards from everyone fell to me, so I am going to share them with you today.

I have already shared the card I made from my sister and that can be found here.  I then made a card to be from the nieces:



This was a very simple card, made by attaching two pieces of ribbon along the top and botton of a rectangle of white card.  I then stuck pink gems onto the card to form a cross shape.  This finished piece was then layered onto some pink patterned paper, and then a white card blank.  Simple, but effective I think.

I then made the card that would be from my and the hubby.  I already had this design in my head, and had had it a while.  I like the clean lines of it:



This was also pretty simple to make.

I attached some pink ribbon, which I got from an old Papercrafter kit, along the bottom of a square piece of card, and made a bow out of the left over ribbon.  I then coloured a 'Christening' peel off with a promarker to make it pink and did the same with some cross peel offs.  I attached these to the card. 

This finished piece was then layered onto some pink card and then onto a card blank.

I've adapted this design into an invitation, which is now available in my Etsy shop, with the inside personalised with your own message.

I already have an order based on this design, with one major difference.  I will share this with you next week probably, as I am working on fulfilling the order as I write this - procrastinating just for a change.

I have also since made some more Christening cards for a friend, which can be found here and the other one I appear not to have blogged about, even though I could swear  that I have done.  Never mind, it gives me something else to share with you soon.  No doubt there will be more orders in the pipeline from my friend, as I currently have orders for new babies. 

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget