Sunday, 8 September 2013

Delia

Soooo, as soon as I started thinking about the step-mother's (non-wicked) birthday, which is tomorrow, I knew that I had to use this LOTV image.  My step-mother thinks she is Delia Smith sometimes.  I'm not complaining about this, as it means I get lots and lots of scrummy cake and baking.  In fact, I often wonder how I managed to LOSE weight when I lived with her and my Pops.  Anyway, my mind was definitely made up after I bought her birthday present, as I bought her Delia's new book.



I took the colour theme as I happen to know that bluey turquoise is the step-mother's favourite colour, so this die-cut was perfect.

I've made it in mind with a few of the challenges I will be entering this card into:



So they have given me the inspiration for much of the card.

I layered the LOTV die cut onto some blue card, which I rounded the corners of using my corner punch.  I added some blue stickles to the deely-boppers (yes I am aware that this may be spelled wrong) and the hair band, and some clear stickles to the rest of the stars on the image and the candle flame, because what is a card without a bit (lot) of sparkle?  I also added liquid pearls to the dribbly bits of the icing on the case, which I think has given it a really nice effect.

The tartan paper and doily are from old Papercrafter kits.  The 'Happy Birthday' embellishment is, I think, from an old Crafts Beautiful freebie.  The lace, ribbon (bow) and pins are all from my stash, as are the blue gems I used to finish the card with.

All in all a perfect card for our budding Delia I think.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Holly, really love that image, and the tartan background and bow, yum, thanks for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaid designer paper you used. It's so simple and sweet, but makes such an impact. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog & good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for our challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Holly. I love the cute image, beautiful colours and fabulous detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of A Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was this card on the LOTV challenge. Love your dribbly icing! Hope your step-mum approves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and pretty, just perfect for a keen baker, and I love the colours in the tartan paper. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, this is cute! I'm sure she loved it! I really like how you used the lace and heart doily - and the heart pins are adorable. Also love your colour scheme.

    Thank you for linking up in our Add a Bow challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Best of luck in the draw, and I hope you join us again with some of your beautiful makes.

    KT Fit Kitty, DT Glitter n Sparkle
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Holly,

    Another gorgeous card! The colour combination is gorgeous and I love the little bow!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Ribbon and Lace' challenge.

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget