Sunday, 8 September 2013

Farmyard Christening

Sooo, it has been a busy weekend of crafting, and still I haven't managed to get everything done that I wanted to.  Never mind.  This is my last project of today, other than wrapping the step-mother's (non-wicked) birthday present - the rest will just have to wait for one evening this week.



This is an order from my friend, Mandy.  She likes the easel cards I do, so that is usually her main stipulation.  She also sent me the image for this one and the stipulation that it was a christening, needed the little boy's name, Spencer, on it and the date of the Christening.  I do like it when they know what they want, but still leave me plenty of creative freedom.

So this afternoon, when I got back from another Christening, I set about creating this one.

The image is coloured in promarkers, and I was very excited to get to use some of my new colours.  Not so excited about the fact that I now need a bigger tub for my promarkers - the Yoo Moo tub just isn't big enough anymore.  I figure that the answer to this is that I need to eat an even bigger tub of frozen yoghurt/ice-cream/sorbet.  I'm sure I will be able to manage that.

Anyway, as usual, I am going off on a tangent.

I'm not entirely sure that the cockerel is coloured in with the correct anatomical colours of a cockerel, but never mind, it still looks good (I think).

I then layered the image onto some blue card.  This was part of a pack of 'bright' card I bought from Hobbycraft last week for a fiver and it is proving invaluable.  I've had a couple of raids on Hobbycraft just recently and picked up some bargains, but they must stop as even bargains start to add up, so I am banning myself from Hobbycraft for the rest of the month unless absolutely essential.  The yellow card backing the designer papers (both from a Boofle pack) are from the same pack.

Anyway, to the image, I added the date of the Christening using coloured number peel-offs, making the dots from some clear flat-backed gems.

I stamped a black LOTV tag in black and wrote 'with love' in black also on it.  I then attached this to the card with a red button over the top (trying to stick pretty much  to a primary colours theme here.  I then coloured in a silver 'Christening' peel off with one of my new promarkers and attached this to the front of the card.  

Finally,  to the front of the card, I made (with the help of hubby) a wooden cross using two bits of stick tied together with twine.  

To the inside of the card, I used a scrap of yellow gingham ribbon from my stash as the stopper for the card when it is easeled (I know - probably not a real word!).  I then used peel-off letters to spell Spencer's name and added a giant yellow heart button.

I've just text Mandy a pic of it and she seems impressed.  I'm delivering it to her tomorrow night.

I want to enter this card into the following challenges:

Cupcake Inspirations - photo inspiration (see end of post for photo)

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

Cupcake Inspirations photo inspiration

14 comments:

  1. What a fun, adorable Christening card! Love the image and the gingham patterned paper. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!! Love the image! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those barnyard animals are darling and I love the patterned paper you chose! Super cute! Thanks for playing at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love your image! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute image for a christening card! Love the bright colors and design. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday for our Primary Colors/Buttons challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Great to have you joining our challenge at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thank you for join with us at Cupcake nspirations this week.
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our TWISTED TUESDAY challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, that is one fun ride, how do you get on that tractor? great card and that yellow heart button is to die for.
    thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is absolutely adorable! Love the way you added the name and the image is darling!

    Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Primary Colors and Buttons Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't say I've seen a card that incorporates farm friends and Christening...but you totally made it work! Great job! I love your solution too to finding a bigger home for your markers. Brilliant idea! I may just have to follow suit! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget