Sunday, 29 September 2013

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary . . .

Soooo, today, I have a card to share with you that I might give to my mother-in-law, Mary, for her birthday.  It is both her's and my own mother's birthdays this month, so I've made two 'mother' cards and will decide later which to give to which.

This is my first card:



I think that I have made this with my mother-in-law in mind as she does like gardening.

I made this using an LOTV die cut.  I really love this image, as it is so sweet, but it is always the oversized shoes that sell these images to me - how cute?!


The paper is from a paper pack I got a few issues back with Cardmaking & Papercraft.  I love the flowers and the hummingbirds on it.

I backed both the paper and the die-cut with purple card - the last from my stash, so I now need to go get some more.  I daren't go into hobbycraft though as I have already spent a fortune this month, so trying not to spend anything else other than essentials, which as I am going on holiday in three weeks means holiday things.


I have also used some self-adhesive craft lace, which is hiding behind some lilac organza ribbon, from which I also made a bow.

The lace doily behind the image is from an old Papercrafter kit.

To finish, I have added gems in every corner and a little cluster of  purple roses  Finally, I coloured a 'mum' peel-off using a promarker and added this to the image.

I hope my mother-in-law will like this.

I want to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Holly, beautiful image and colours and so perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,

    Another gorgeous card, I love this colour combination. I'm sure your Mother-in-Law will love it!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Ribbon and Lace' challenge.

    Good luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Inky Impressions this week

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations with our favourite stamp brand theme! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Inky Impressions.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful!
    An adorable image, beautiful colors and lovely details.
    Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget