Sunday, 29 September 2013

Red & Black

Soooo, here is my second card for today.

This one might be going to my mother for her birthday next week.  I've ordered her present, so fingers crossed it arrives on time.



There will be many more birthday cards appearing on the blog this month, as October kicks off birthday season for me.  This month alone, I have 6 birthdays that I have to buy for (maybe more - I might have forgotten someone) and then it just keeps going right through to the end of May next year.

Anyway, shall we move on to my card?

I had already decided that I was going to use this die-cut from LOTV, but that is as far as I got.  Then I was inspired by the Gem of A Challenge theme this week, which is to use black, and I took it from there.  It's not a traditional birthday card colour, but I think it works.  I used black around my die cut and my backing paper.

The red paper is from a paper pack I got a couple of issues ago with Cardmaking & Papercraft.  I can't remember what the paper pack is actually called, but I call it my Bollywood pack as it is full of deep colours with lovely patterns that just scream Bollywood to me.

I used a narrow black ribbon from my stash and also made a bow from the same ribbon.

The doily behind the image is actually  one of the white ones I have been using loads recently, but I inked it up and let it dry, et voila, one black doily.

The flower is from my stash, and I created the centre with a black gem also from my stash.

I added 'mother' to the image by colouring a peel-off with a red promarker.

Finally, to finish, I added gems to every available corner.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



5 comments:

  1. sweet and simple. Thanks for joining in at Creative inspirations this week!

    CraftyNatalie: DT Creative inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Holly, I have a birthday season too but mine is at the beginning of the year!

    Thank you for entering our Ribbon and Lace challenge – good luck!

    Anne
    Lili of the Valley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute image. I love the lacy heart! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR.
    Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Holly. Thank you for playing along at AGOAC. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie, this is really gorgeous, love it, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget